Thread: Threadless Muzzle Brake System

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Threadless Muzzle Brake System

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so mods please move somewhere else if that's more appropriate.

While all my guns have threaded barrels, this might be of interest to guys whose guns do not but still want a muzzle brake.
    Yes, I realize that barrels can be threaded by smiths, but am throwing this up here anyways.

I just saw this muzzle brake, and thought it was an interesting idea.
    Now, I do not know if something like this has been tried before, but it's the first I've heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQm3bsINCWU

My only reservation would be the possibility of it shifting around over time, under repeated exposure to recoil, heating/cooling cycles, etc. Baffle strikes are no bueno. If it's solid though, it seems like it would be a good option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The attachment mechanism is different, but the concept seems the same as other bolt-on devices.

http://www.wittmachine.co/index.php?...7785fqe7ermfe6
    Last edited by echo5whiskey; 06-30-15 at 03:53. Reason: URL not showing
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    Now he needs to make one of those muzzle brake blast deflectors to go on it so it's not so obnoxious.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The collet attachment system makes sense. One would think it would apply more even pressure to the muzzle area of the barrel than a standard clamp on system.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is there any possibility of this negatively affecting precision or the strength of the barrel near the crown/muzzle as a result of the force/pressure squeezing the barrel?