Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Fury Iltellibeam

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Surefire Fury Iltellibeam

This has piqued my interest. Why have they not done this on weapon lights to quiet the anti-high lumen crew?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post

This has piqued my interest. Why have they not done this on weapon lights to quiet the anti-high lumen crew?
    The plan, per my rep, is that the intellibeam technology will now be incorporated into all their weapon lights. No timetable but I would hazard a guess that the first dedicated weapon lights with intellibeam will be available late this year or early next year.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS View Post
    The plan, per my rep, is that the intellibeam technology will now be incorporated into all their weapon lights. No timetable but I would hazard a guess that the first dedicated weapon lights with intellibeam will be available late this year or early next year.
    That sounds like a good thing. I can't imagine how much the new scout heads will be though. Probably $200 range for a 500 lumen head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    That sounds like a good thing. I can't imagine how much the new scout heads will be though. Probably $200 range for a 500 lumen head.
    Don't have pricing on the new items yet but I have my Mini 300 scouts with mount in the low 200 range. I think my rep considers me under priced but I'm small and have to compete somehow.

Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Fwiw some of the scout ultras are on closeout at RSR. Perhaps related?

Feedback Score
    Do you really want to push the button twice when you need the light? I would love to hear EAG's thoughts on this light vs the single output version for a rifle mounted type light. For an everyday carry this sounds wonderful, but on my rifle, I'm not convinced this is a better option. I just want more information and I do know that I like the single output on my rifle better than a series of programmable functions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay34 View Post
    Do you really want to push the button twice when you need the light? I would love to hear EAG's thoughts on this light vs the single output version for a rifle mounted type light. For an everyday carry this sounds wonderful, but on my rifle, I'm not convinced this is a better option. I just want more information and I do know that I like the single output on my rifle better than a series of programmable functions.
    ^^What this guy said^^

The technology and innovative thinking behind it is quite impressive.
    I am glad that you can lock in the max output, because I can see some situations where this IntelliBeam thing would not be appropriate. If you are in an area that is well lit, but want to look into an area that is not (say you are on a well lit porch and want to look out onto your property), the IntelliBeam would be an issue.
    I don't know the exact details of the user interface and how to lock the max brightness in, but even if it takes a second, or distracts one while processing a lot of information, it could be a bad thing.
    I will be sticking to my single output, minimal-fiddling-involved lights.
    Last edited by Benito; 07-02-15 at 00:21.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The lights have a sensor in the bezel that adjusts the output automatically depending on the surroundings and the amount of light reflected back at the user. You can lock in a low or max output by pressing the tail cap if you decide to fix the output. I forget the sequence but I believe one press goes to max and one press to low thereafter. Otherwise, simply let the light and sensor do their job. It's not overly complicated and you'd already have your finger pressed on the tail cap to activate. I think most folks will run it as is but there are some who will prefer the max output regardless and will be fine with standard Fury lights and the like.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like it has potential. Beats my Dumb beam set up... (one inside and one outside light on the same gun).
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sounds like it has potential. Beats my Dumb beam set up... (one inside and one outside light on the same gun).
    I think you're certainly right and, yes I'm biased because I ran surefires my entire career and continue to own nothing else. Now I sell them to guys who are still working in the hopes that they have quality product in their hands. I find myself gravitating to my P2X Fury LE most of the time as the reflection hasn't bothered me as much just in day to day use and testing. A lowlight course would likely change my opinion of course but I never complained of too much light when I was clearing burglar alarms. I'm 50-50 on it but I think it will mature and work very well. I'm betting most users will likely run tape switches or utilize the tail cap, allowing the sensor to do its work, and only really worry about going to max/low output in certain situations when there's plenty of available time and safety margin... i.e. not on a hot call such as perhaps evidence search or the like. With practice it'll be second nature to lock in the output but I'll have to break open a demo sample now and shake it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast