Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrading my first AR, need advice.

Feedback Score

Upgrading my first AR, need advice.

Hey guys! This is my first post here on M4carbine.net, I've read enough threads here in the past so I just figured I'd sign up! Anyways I bought a milspec AR from a small local shop called "Brother n arms" and have been pleased with it but I want to trick it out a bit. Currently I have a Vortex spitfire 3x, surefire x300 ultra, Blake Hole Weaponry 16" stainless steel 1/8 twist match grade barrel, magpie accessories, and I just ordered a Cryptic Coatings "Mystic Black" bcg. I have to save up a little but I'm looking into a Gisselle SD-E and eventually a suppressor. So here's the question... Is there a single "king of the hill" is you will? I have no company bias I just want to know who gets the lowest decibels. Any other upgrade advice is also welcome.
    Here is a pic of my current setup (- the beautiful CC bcg) image.jpg

Thanks,
    Cy

Feedback Score
    magpul*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your flash hider is upside down. Unsure who the best is, but I just picked up my first suppressor (AAC SDN-6) I like it so far.

Feedback Score
    I know, can't seem to screw it on with the slots facing up. There is probably some easy fix, I just don't know much haha.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't sound like there's much milspec there...

I'm not a fan of quad rails, and the current fashion is keymod or mlok handguards, typically significantly longer than carbine length (12" is pretty common on a 16" barrel, some people even go with 15" rails on a 16" barrel). Many options out there are slimmer and more comfortable, but that's a personal preference thing. They usually cover the lopro gas block, which makes it harder to burn yourself.

Depending on your use, the SD-3G is an amazing trigger. I love mine on my shoot fast gun. If you're shooting off a bench it's a little touchy.

A crush washer will let you time the flash hider.

Feedback Score
    Well when I bought it it was milspec, then added the stuff. At least that's what I was told. Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by griz59 View Post
    I know, can't seem to screw it on with the slots facing up. There is probably some easy fix, I just don't know much haha.
    Have you ever heard of a crush washer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Have you ever heard of a crush washer?
    Or a shim set or a 12mm spark plug compression washer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by griz59 View Post
    Hey guys! This is my first post here on M4carbine.net, I've read enough threads here in the past so I just figured I'd sign up! Anyways I bought a milspec AR from a small local shop called "Brother n arms" and have been pleased with it but I want to trick it out a bit. Currently I have a Vortex spitfire 3x, surefire x300 ultra, Blake Hole Weaponry 16" stainless steel 1/8 twist match grade barrel, magpie accessories, and I just ordered a Cryptic Coatings "Mystic Black" bcg. I have to save up a little but I'm looking into a Gisselle SD-E and eventually a suppressor. So here's the question... Is there a single "king of the hill" is you will? I have no company bias I just want to know who gets the lowest decibels. Any other upgrade advice is also welcome.
    Here is a pic of my current setup (- the beautiful CC bcg) image.jpg

Thanks,
    Cy
    What are the specs of you rifle that leads you to believe it's mil-spec? Tell us more about the specs, and perhaps we can offer suggestions as to upgrades.

Feedback Score
    Well it's a milspec trigger, had a milspec barrel till I replaced it, milspec bolt carrier (just ordered a new one), and they said the receiver was "milspec". I understand the term is often misused so maybe I was lead astray but it seems like a quality rifle. Also has a standard birdcage flash hider. And to previous responses yes I know what a crush washer is, I just didn't want to fix it improperly if there was a correct way to do it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast