Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need opinion on ambi safety Defense Package

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Need opinion on ambi safety Defense Package

I wanted to get an ambi safety and came across this.

http://www.defensepackage.com/?data=...sp&sku=1002000

It is a Defense Package ambidexterous safety. It looks good to go. I just wanted to see what you guys think of it.
    Last edited by 420ollie; 07-25-12 at 19:39. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm curious too. I have 2 sets of the BAD-A$$ but they're $20 more and I'm looking at getting 3 more sets. These are an interesting alternative so I'd like to hear from someone who may have both to see how they compare.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is there anybody that has experience withthese?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Hmm thats looks very similar to the bad-ass, but maybe not as refined and using an allen head screw vs a torx. price is right though.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I have both Battle Arms and Defense Package, I think they're both GTG... I would say they're pretty equal, for $20 you get a 3 levers instead of DP's 2.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    If you need an ambi-safety selector, the Battle Arms Development selectors are the way to go.

The dovetail on the BAD makes more sense from a design perspective, and is the only ambi-selector that I could recommend.
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 09-13-12 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    If you need an ambi-safety selector, the Battle Arms Development selectors are the way to go.

The dovetail on the BAD makes more sense from a design perspective, and is the only ambi-selector that I could recommend.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the dovetail fit is only on the BAD-CASS, which costs $10 more and has limited availability of the lever options.

Also, Troy's ambi safety also uses a dovetail fit, but with a spring detent instead of a screw to hold the arms secure.

I have a BAD-ASS waiting to install, and it's clearly a high quality piece, but $60+ for a selector is getting kinda pricey. FWIW, I also have in use a Kies ambi selector that was $32 and works quite well. No dovetail or six different lever options, but it does have two lever sizes, reversible for whichever thumb you want to have the long one, and is half the price.

Feedback Score
    I have the Troy lever on my rifle and it works great. I didn't think it would be secure with just the spring detent but it is. This does look interesting though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We (Battle Arms Dev.) offer a life time, unconditional warranty on the selectors.

The free lever exchange program is also life time, unconditional (condition, age, appearance, etc. are all immaterial)

The differences of various selectors are more than skin deep.

We have reworked the detent holes size, detent groove shoulder depth and angle, the "ramp" angle, and the length of the selector center, now there's nothing like it in the market. The lever's 90 degree shelf, diagonal serrations, center groove, the absence of a pointer (the pointer is replaced by a simple groove), various dimensions to accommodate different preferences, are all refinements unheard of and unseen previously.

There are reasons our selectors are smooth, have positive detent engagement, and minimal lateral movement. Many attribute this to the KNS detent we include. The KNS detent will help many selectors, but NOT if the detent groove and holes are less than ideal. The real magic takes place in the detent groove and detent holes. We have spent untold amount of time and money on perfecting it.

We're also the first manufacturer to include a detent in the selector kit back in 2010. In 2012, the included items list has been expanded to: 2 extra screws and a detent spring. I'm sure that'll be copied soon enough lol.

Add these refinements to our penchant for overdoing things, the result speaks for itself. We don't design or produce competition grade gear, all of our products are designed for folks going in harm's way. Whereas aluminum may have sufficed, we use heat treated steel. When off the shelf screws are readily available and cheap, we had half a million custom, Grade 8 screws made to our specification. When factory specs are good enough, we went beyond and found the sweet spots that nobody bothered to research.

As a company policy, above and beyond is the baseline, and we always go beyond the baseline, that's an unwritten policy. You can see evidence of which in the product, in our conduct, and in the way we interface with our customers
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This thread reminds me I need to pick up a few more safeties from Battle Arms Development.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast