Thread: AR front sight

Feedback Score

AR front sight

Hello, I currently run magpul buis on my AR. It has a carbine length quad rail and the front site is mounted at the end of the hand guard. I am looking for a metal flip up front sight that I can mount on the railed gas block.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If the railed gas block is lower than the railed upper receiver, you can check out Troy's Gasblock M4 Sight.

https://troyind.com/products/gasblock-m4-sight-blk

I'm sure there are a few others that manufacture something similar.

Feedback Score
    There are lots of gas block height BUIS available. I prefer running a longer rail over a lopro gas block (I like the 12" MI I have on a pinned/welded 14.5, as well as the 13" I have on a 16"). Another option (depending on how the gas block is mounted - taper pins make it harder to replace right) is replacing it with a taller one with a handguard height rail on it instead.

I like the MBUS Pro front sight, but it isn't available in a gas block height (so you'd need a new handguard or gas block).

Feedback Score
    i like my Troy sights, if you're looking for something easier on the wallet Yankee Hill Machine also make some nice flip ups for low profile gas blocks. Lots of options if your gas block is rail height, not so much for lo pro. And apologies if I'm stating the obvious here, but don't mount any plastic flip up sight on a gas block, you will melt it.