Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADAMS CUSTOM RIFLES/TIKKA/6.5CM

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

ADAMS CUSTOM RIFLES/TIKKA/6.5CM

Big shout out for Dennis @ http://www.adamscustomrifles.com/ He just delivered, that's right, delivered the Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor today. I wanted to standardize some things and elected to rebarrel the CTR from .260 to 6.5CM. I do reload but wanted that factory option also. All I can say is be confident with his work, patience and communication. We spoke on the phone to hammer out exactly what I wanted in the build and he kept communication updates throughout the entire time. I would say he went above and beyond in that realm.

I took this as a great opportunity to install the Tikka Performance 20moa rail since he removed the stock 0moa one and the the whatever bonding agent they put on these things. The fluting is awesome, flat medium twist-even check out the red safety indicator dot!

Once again, thanks Dennis!

Hope to get to the range Sunday, if not one day next week, towards the end and start collecting data. Going with factory AMAX first to make brass!

Mark

Tikka CTR

XLR Element/Taclite with Weibad cover-only one in existence right now

Bartlein SS 1/8.5 rem varmint @ 22" threaded with specs for TB suppressor down the road.

Custom muzzle cap, knurling at my request

Desert Verde on action/black on bolt (do plan to do the chassis- probably Magpul FDE)

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    that is a very nice looking rifle

looking forward to hearing how it performs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, that turned out amazing!!! The bolt fluting looks really good. Did Dennis complete that work as well?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_accuser View Post
    Wow, that turned out amazing!!! The bolt fluting looks really good. Did Dennis complete that work as well?
    Yes, he's set up to do them and has a great price on it. He also did the Cerakote. Yes, I'm really pleased with the work and how it all turned out.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    That is a great looking rig. Pardon my ignorance but what is the Weibad cover? I have a couple friends rocking the element and I'm not seeing what is different on yours. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    That is a great looking rig. Pardon my ignorance but what is the Weibad cover? I have a couple friends rocking the element and I'm not seeing what is different on yours. Thanks.
    They make cheekpiece covers and had not made one to date for the XLR cheekpiece. I asked them to make one and they spun this up, should be offering them on the site-may have to call. Different as they had to sew the three securing straps lengthwise.

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that looks pretty slick.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DAMN!! Now that is sweet! So jealous!
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    They make cheekpiece covers and had not made one to date for the XLR cheekpiece. I asked them to make one and they spun this up, should be offering them on the site-may have to call. Different as they had to sew the three securing straps lengthwise.

Please disregard my question in the bolt action picture thread. This is effing awesome as I'm a huge fan of Wiebad cheek pads.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Love the build, Mr. Adams does great work. I can't wait to see some groups out of it.
    Justin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast