Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SureFire M600C!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Face_N_The_Crowd View Post
    Grant, aside from the $200 price difference between the x300 and the 600c - can you give us an idea of the weight difference and size difference?

TIA
    The X300 is around 3.7 and the M600C (with tape switch) is around 5.7. The X300 is naturally going to be wider, and the M600C is going to be longer.

C4

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    At long last, this light has come out! I have been running an M600A since day one and is one of my favorites. One of the things I did not like with the "A" model was that the LED lacked throw and general power for my needs. So I switched out the LED for an Incan (LU60A) and was much happier.

Fast forward to today, the new KX2C (not to be confused with the KX2) fixes my LED throw issues. This is the same LED head that comes on the new E2D LED (less the strike bezel and dual output mode). For those of you familiar with the KX2C head that comes in the E2DL, it is one of the best (if not the best) small LED heads made. It features 120 lumens, great throw and good spill. It is of course shock proof and gives you over 1 hour of run time at full power.

For those of you with an X300, the KX2C head is going to give you about 10 more lumens and more distance. The X300 is going to give you more spill.

The M600C comes with a UE07 tape switch and a Z68 click tail-cap.

C4

Grant,
    What is your opinion of the M600C versus the X300. I have read the X300 thread you wrote up and you seem pretty happy with the 300. I have several 300's and also an M600A. I've been trying to decide if I want to upgrade the head on the M600A or continue to use the X300.

What's your opinion on this new Scout? A much bigger improvement over the 300, or is it really worth the extra cost compared to the 300? I can see a huge difference between the 600A and the 300 but cannot compare it to the 600C without making the purchase...

Also, this would be for both indoor and outdoor use on a patrol carbine.

Thanks!
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I just got a hell of a deal on A Surefire Scoutlight combo set. Includes the LU60A bulb module, FM63 IR filter, switch assembly and the tail cap on eBay for 199.00. Thanks to G&R I got the KX2C head so I am GTG. Probably be a good time to sell one of the M900 vertical foregrips.

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Iraqgunz,
    Do you also own an X300? If so how does it compare to your Scout with the new head? Do you think it is worth almost double the price?

Thanks for your time.
    9/11/01

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Evan,

Sorry I only have X200's. With this purchase and the KX2C head from G&R I have less than 300.00 into the whole kit. Since my X200's are still in very good operational condition I can't break down and buy an X300 yet. But, I am sure that it will happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Iraqgunz,
    Do you also own an X300? If so how does it compare to your Scout with the new head? Do you think it is worth almost double the price?

Thanks for your time.

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Hot damn that's a good deal Iraq!

I've read both threads by Grant and he really has praised the X300. I know the new Scout has about 10 more and a little more throw but I'm just on the fence as to plunking down almost double for the Scout.

Question for you Iraq. Your over there and more than likely had had to make entries into houses as well as doing some outside searches/ needing a weapon light outside in rural areas.

I know there is never one application that will cover everything but in your opinion what has worked best for you? I'm LEO here in the States, a county Deputy, and I'm trying to decide which light I'm going to stick on my patrol rifle. Many times the option to change out lights for say a house entry and then switch to another light for an outside search just isn't an option. I'm trying to figure out what is the best compromise for a variety of situations.
    9/11/01

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Evan,

I am a contractor over here and currently run an armory so there is no "kicking in doors" for me here and generally that is something that isn't allowed. On my last contract working security I was on the night security element. It was a wide open area, with small rolling hills. I opted for the M900 vertical foregrip and the IR filter for use with my PVS-14's and PVS'7's. I liked the combination of light and foregrip, but it's not for everyone.

My weapons here currently have lights simply because I am also part of the QRF and if something happens having a light makes sense.

My personal recommendation for the AR or similar type rifle would be the Scoutlight. I just like the design and the set up. Many people seem to like the X300 which will allow you to mount it on a handgun as well. So if that is a consideration that may be the way to go. The best thing is to figure out what your needs are, what can you spend and which configuration will be the most flexible. Hope this helps.

Hot damn that's a good deal Iraq!

I've read both threads by Grant and he really has praised the X300. I know the new Scout has about 10 more and a little more throw but I'm just on the fence as to plunking down almost double for the Scout.

Question for you Iraq. Your over there and more than likely had had to make entries into houses as well as doing some outside searches/ needing a weapon light outside in rural areas.

I know there is never one application that will cover everything but in your opinion what has worked best for you? I'm LEO here in the States, a county Deputy, and I'm trying to decide which light I'm going to stick on my patrol rifle. Many times the option to change out lights for say a house entry and then switch to another light for an outside search just isn't an option. I'm trying to figure out what is the best compromise for a variety of situations.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grant,
    What is your opinion of the M600C versus the X300. I have read the X300 thread you wrote up and you seem pretty happy with the 300. I have several 300's and also an M600A. I've been trying to decide if I want to upgrade the head on the M600A or continue to use the X300.

What's your opinion on this new Scout? A much bigger improvement over the 300, or is it really worth the extra cost compared to the 300? I can see a huge difference between the 600A and the 300 but cannot compare it to the 600C without making the purchase...

Also, this would be for both indoor and outdoor use on a patrol carbine.

Thanks!
    The X300 to me is nearly perfect for CQB (home defense). While you can illuminate targets out to 30-50yds, it is really not designed for that. It has a wide spill (which is perfect for filling a room with light).

So if I needed a light to do both patrol and CQB, then I would opt for the M600C as it has more throw than the X300.

C4

Feedback Score
    Has anybody tried putting one of those clickie combo tapeswitches on a VFG and securing the pressure portion of it with a piece of inner tube?

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Iraq,
    I know what my needs are and if saves my bacon one day, well money really isn’t an object when compared to a life. I keep going back and forth between incandescent and LED. To be honest I’m really not sure which the better of the two is…

Grant,
    Thanks for the info buddy. It sounds like it is enough of an improvement to justify the cost.
    9/11/01

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast