Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gay Lives Matter ? ? ?

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    This caught my attention in the article

"Just about every Chicago parade these days features gunfire in the perimeters as gangs clash with police"
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    This caught my attention in the article

"Just about every Chicago parade these days features gunfire in the perimeters as gangs clash with police"
    Perform a Google search with the words "Chicago National Guard", there are stories from MSM sites spanning the last five years of talk about calling in the National Guard to Chicago's South Side due to the crime/violence. Every long holiday weekend murders skyrocket.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Gays are not a protected class.

What you have to understand is that homosexuality is simply not an ontology, as the unhinged lunatic left would have everyone believe, but instead a behaviour/lifestyle choice that for reasons unknown to researchers about 1-2% of the population either actually engage in or want to engage in. Again, researches have really no idea what causes the attraction. The left however has been very successful in brainwashing an insensate populace into believing that choosing to engage in a homosexual lifestyle is the moral equivalent of being black. What they don't tell anyone is that the majority of blacks reject this absurd comparison.

"Alasdair MacIntyre once quipped that “facts, like telescopes and wigs for gentlemen, were a seventeenth-century invention.” Something similar can be said about sexual orientation: Heterosexuals, like typewriters and urinals (also, obviously, for gentlemen), were an invention of the 1860s. Contrary to our cultural preconceptions and the lies of what has come to be called “orientation essentialism,” “straight” and “gay” are not ageless absolutes. Sexual orientation is a conceptual scheme with a history, and a dark one at that. It is a history that began far more recently than most people know, and it is one that will likely end much sooner than most people think."

http://www.firstthings.com/article/2...eterosexuality

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I can't wait to see the movie poster for Roots Redux 2016 starring Andy Dick or some crap.

So I read the article Belloc but am sick so comprehension is lacking. Some Catholics are now implying the whole "I am Alpha and Omega" is subject to change and really sexual orientation has no place in a religious framework?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    So I read the article Belloc but am sick so comprehension is lacking. Some Catholics are now implying the whole "I am Alpha and Omega" is subject to change and really sexual orientation has no place in a religious framework?
    Uh, pardon?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Sorry that was vague. I missed the authors overall point he was trying to convey in the article. Is he stating sexual orientation has no place in the new framework of Catholicism? Again, I've been up since 4am sick so I'm not all here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Sorry that was vague. I missed the authors overall point he was trying to convey in the article. Is he stating sexual orientation has no place in the new framework of Catholicism? Again, I've been up since 4am sick so I'm not all here.
    Perhaps these few lines from the article sum it up best.

Contrary to our cultural preconceptions and the lies of what has come to be called “orientation essentialism,” “straight” and “gay” are not ageless absolutes. Sexual orientation is a conceptual scheme with a history, and a dark one at that. It is a history that began far more recently than most people know, and it is one that will likely end much sooner than most people think.

Over the course of several centuries, the West had progressively abandoned Christianity’s marital architecture for human sexuality. Then, about one hundred and fifty years ago, it began to replace that longstanding teleological tradition with a brand new creation: the absolutist but absurd taxonomy of sexual orientations. Heterosexuality was made to serve as this fanciful framework’s regulating ideal, preserving the social prohibitions against sodomy and other sexual debaucheries without requiring recourse to the procreative nature of human sexuality.
    Basically, "homosexuality" is no more than 'the other side of the coin' from heterosexually as pedophilia is, or necrophilia, or even adultery. All of the terminology is simply descriptive of behaviour, not of an ontology, i.e. a "state of being", or to use the phrase from the article "orientation essentialism". Like all other behaviour, even murder, or rape, or stealing, it is just that, and nothing more. One can say "he is a thief", but they mean because he steals things, not because there is some sort of ontological "essence" that is "thief".

On the other hand there is, we believe, an essence, an ontological state, (or ontology) of being a man, and another of being a woman. And Bruce Jenner cutting bits of himself off, or having bits implanted, do not, can not, alter his ontological reality of actually 'being' man.
    Last edited by Belloc; 07-05-15 at 10:45.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123