Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC vs Troy drop-in carbine rail ?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    If you want simple to install with the FSB, get one of these:

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2...p-rail-system/

I think Centurion still sells them, but I am not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post

Centurion doesn't have them on their site, but BCM has one listed (though out of stock).

I have a Midwest Industries FSP, which, while clearly not the same level of fit/finish/precision as the Centurion, it has held up well and is the same attachment method. I wanted the C4, but couldn't find one at the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post

Doesn't the Centurion require cutting of the delta ring and hand guard cap? I could definitely do that, but would prefer a drop-in option. I'm usually the first person to go cutting/modifying something but for some reason am hesitant to cut on my 6920...I'm sure I could get over it though in the end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Thanks guys.

Are there any drop-in rails that have a cut out? I know the work to install a FF is easy, but I prefer not to cut on my 6920 or remove barrel nut even though I have all the tools do so.
    Been thinking the same thing. I bought an le6920 socom "2013 config" with the troy rail. I'd like to swap that out for a cut out rail so i can keep my fsb and have a longer purchase on the rail.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Doesn't the Centurion require cutting of the delta ring and hand guard cap? I could definitely do that, but would prefer a drop-in option. I'm usually the first person to go cutting/modifying something but for some reason am hesitant to cut on my 6920...I'm sure I could get over it though in the end.
    It does. As do Midwest Industries' Gen 2 Two-Piece Free Floats.

I was hesitant to cut on my BCM, but it really is a super quick/easy process, and a replacement from BCM is $9 away, should I hope to go back.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You don't have to cut the delta ring with the Troy cut out rail. Installed one for a friend a few months ago.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Troy Delta rails on both of my rifles, easy install and I like the ergos. I also don't need a full rail at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    It does. As do Midwest Industries' Gen 2 Two-Piece Free Floats.
    I was hesitant to cut on my BCM, but it really is a super quick/easy process, and a replacement from BCM is $9 away, should I hope to go back.
    +1 this suggestion...it opens up other handrail companies...I went with Fortis Rev due to price and weight/ over the Centurion C4
    good luck
    Last edited by Ledanek; 07-04-15 at 21:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

KAC vs Troy drop-in carbine rail ?

The Midwest fsp cut out rail is a great and reasonably priced option. Just buzz off the delta ring with a Dremel and bolt it on. I no longer have this rifle but I wish I still did. Short hand guards suck on non SBRs.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    The Midwest fsp cut out rail is a great and reasonably priced option. Just buzz off the delta ring with a Dremel and bolt it on. I no longer have this rifle but I wish I still did. Short hand guards suck on non SBRs.

*pic*
    Funny story... I ran across your rifle in the pic thread and it sold me on that handguard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast