Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First AR 15 Sig m400 or Colt?

Feedback Score

First AR 15 Sig m400 or Colt?

Hey i have been looking at the Sig M400 swat & the Colt le6920 magpul or socom.I have shot both & like them both.I like the lower on the Sig & fit.Does the Sig or Colt have any problems running steel cased ammo?& does the semi profile bolt carrier in the sig make that big of a difference in reliability?

Feedback Score
    I own a Sig M400 Enhanced in OD green. I really like the firearm but there have been a few issues with some of the M400s out there. I have experienced no issues with mine. I bought it during one of the proposed bans and at that time it was more about finding something that was available rather than finding what was the top tier stuff. I traded in an AK that was drastically overvalued for an AR that was a little higher price than normal. For the times, I bought it at a good price, at today's prices I paid an extra $100 but got twice what I paid for the AK so I have no regrets.

If I had to make the decision today I would buy the Colt and be happy.

You will want to read this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...00-malfunction

Welcome to the board.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    6920 or go home

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Since you are limiting your choice those two, stay with the Colt. Having said that this is a BUYER'S market and there are a lot of good options available.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Don't waste money on the sig. Get the Colt 6920.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 07-04-15 at 20:31.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Why are you limited to only these 2 options? Take a look at BCM and Sionics as well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Knowing some of the issues those who's opinions I trust have have seen or had with Sig, go with Colt. Or BCM, LMT, DD, or other quality brands that are going to be a foci on this site. Sig ain't one of them thought.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Yes, there is NO Ban that will happen tomorrow. Take your time, read some older threads, figure out what you really want / need in your rifle and most importantly HAVE FUN buying your new rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Since you are limiting your choice those two, stay with the Colt. Having said that this is a BUYER'S market and there are a lot of good options available.
    +1

both were too heavy for my weak arms....I choose BCM...wish "the spreadsheet" for all manufacturer was a pinned subject so you can compare the features and CS you get from each manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    Hey everybody happy 4th of july!=)& yeah i was looking at a bcm build as well,Get a 16 inch socom upper with a palmetto lower. But for my ar 15 i am looking for a 16 inch(carbine) with medium to heavier profile barrel with a rail system or magpul,so i can put a light on it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast