Thread: Surefire P2X Tactical standard model now the EAG model?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Surefire P2X Tactical standard model now the EAG model?

So I've wanted an EAG Tactical P2X for awhile but they've been sold out on Bravocompany for awhile. While looking at the Tactical model on surefire's homepage I noticed that it has the push for momentary and click for constant like the EAG, but every retailer still shows it as twist for constant on.

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...-tactical.html

Anyone know if this is a typo or if it's legit? The P3X tactical still shows twist for constant on. If I order the tactical from BCM/SKD... Etc which tactical model will I get?
    Last edited by KCBRUIN; 07-05-15 at 02:01.

Feedback Score
    Why don't you call BCM and ask them?

The one listed on their website has the same number: P2X-A-BK as the one from the link you provided but the only way to be sure is to confer with them.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Surefire is changing the P2X-A-BK to a clickie cap and is the same as the EAG model. If you order off the SF website you will get that newer model. If you order from anywhere else you'll need to verify that it is the new model that you are buying not the older version that happens to be in that particular dealer's inventory.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anyone know why the 600 lumen Fury with switch remote was discontinued by Surefire?
    Is there a benefit with the clicky cap vs remote switch?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    I cant say for any reason, but I find the click caps to be a "less is more" solution. The remote switches were nice when you wanted to run them on a big ol vertical grip on a long rail, but beyond that, they really lack purpose. I personally prefer to run an offset light mount and operate the light with my thumb. if you use a vertical grip, you can set the tailcap up to be right at your right thumb, or if you prefer to grip the handguard you can run the light on the left side and use your thumb.

Like I said, I cant say with any authority that this is why they may have discontinued it, but I can say this is likely a trend the market is seeing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm kinda obsessing with upgrading my light from G2X to these Fury. 500-600 lumen is a nice upgrade because when I'm clearing our family room and basement, I'm not satisfied with all the shadows from the G2X.
    All the walls are painted on the darker hue so light bouncing is not an issue, plus mirrors are limited.
    I'm under the impression that a top mounted remote will help me manipulate the light when switching to my weak side.

Thanks for sharing your options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.