Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: India stuck with the INSAS for a little while longer . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Isn't FN's price per M16A4 like 600 bucks. That's not bad. If they get a similar price and spend half of that 110 million, that's like 90k rifles.
    Yeah but how much of that 110 million is going into someone's pocket? The Indians could make a fine rifle if they didn't have so much corruption. Factory owners cut corners on production and government officials get paid to look the other way.
    Last edited by deejai; 07-22-15 at 00:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Except it's not. Besides the HK416's current use with multiple sneaky squirrel types, LE organizations, and standing a decent chance of being the bundeswehr's next rifle, the Mk 16 SCAR has seen use since it was first fielded.
    Not to just directly negate everything you just said, but the 416 has seen very low adoption, and like a lot of other HK products spends most of it's time in the rack of those cool guy organizations you referenced. Not sure about how it works for NASA, but who cares?

No one is clamoring for a piston driven AR like they were so many years ago, and most of those who were at that time weren't the end users.

The SCAR-L, unlike the SCAR-H, was a total flop. If you saw one it might have been snagged on a lateral transfer from some theater redistribution warehouse, and if it goes down, good luck obtaining CLIX. I'm sure it works great for DFAC pimping though... it's FDE.

Quote Originally Posted by CornCod View Post
    A country like India should be able to manufacture their own rifles. They have the industrial know-how to get it done. They could do an M-16 clone that looks a little different to salve national pride.
    I believe that this go around they will license a design from outside, but produce it in India.

Hopefully they can fix their QA/QC and materials issues.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Not to just directly negate everything you just said, but the 416 has seen very low adoption, and like a lot of other HK products spends most of it's time in the rack of those cool guy organizations you referenced. Not sure about how it works for NASA, but who cares?

No one is clamoring for a piston driven AR like they were so many years ago, and most of those who were at that time weren't the end users.

The SCAR-L, unlike the SCAR-H, was a total flop. If you saw one it might have been snagged on a lateral transfer from some theater redistribution warehouse, and if it goes down, good luck obtaining CLIX. I'm sure it works great for DFAC pimping though... it's FDE.

I believe that this go around they will license a design from outside, but produce it in India.

It's nice to have hope.

There isn't a whole lot wrong with the basic design of the INSAS. It's derivative, but the guns they stole from were decent. The execution, OTOH, is abysmal. I just don't believe that the Indians have the industrial chops to mass produce that level of equipment.

H

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    There isn't a whole lot wrong with the basic design of the INSAS. It's derivative, but the guns they stole from were decent.
    I don't know about the design itself, but I digg it.

I wasn't so hot on the Modelo L's but if kits came in I'd figure out a way to make one work (until it broke, because the materials were shit).

I like how they didn't even have to make it hunter safety orange like bakelite, but they were like, "dammm dat bakelite AK stuff looking HOT!"

Let us make orange rifle! Vedigood!!!

Last edited by KalashniKEV; 07-22-15 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well then they probably need to steer clear of licensing anything from Sig Sauer USA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With something like 80% parts commonality with the Mk 17, I don't see parts being an issue, not for a while of hard use anyways. Don't know about DFAC pimping, as I never saw one there, only saw it the one time we worked directly with an Air Force Para Rescue/Combat Controller team before they realized how idiotic my battalion was.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234