Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: want to build a 40 carbine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoj View Post
    Indeed. Emailed them to see if they're going to sell this in an anodized version. Also asked if there's a possibility of them manufacturing an insertable block for a std AR15 lower that takes Glock et al mags.

ETA: can get the receiver anodized via special order for additional $5, takes about 3-4 weeks. My cost on one of these would be $142 shipped.
    Regarding mag blocks, quote from the company "We prefer not to make blocks for AR receivers, but instead make dedicated receivers like our C-9. We do have future plans to offer a .40 and .45, just no timeframe right now."
    Update: I picked up an 80% raw C9 lower from Joeboboutfitters. This lower should accept Glock 9mm and .40 magazines. However when I got mine, my G23 Gen 3 magazines would not insert into the magwell fully. As a matter of fact, if I would push it too hard it would almost get stuck to the point where I could not remove it.

I contacted New Frontier Armory and they had me send this lower back to them to check it out. Via email they told me they were going to send me a lower where the mags they tested at their facility dropped free and inserted no problem. However, when I receive the replacement lower, I had the same problem in that my G23 mags would not insert into the lower. Had the same problem with aftermarket KCI extended mags as well made for Glocks. These KCI mags work in my G23 pistol. In order for my G23 mags et al to fit properly and drop with the NFA lower, I had to do a substantial amount of filing in the magwell to make it work. Until I get the upper built and the lower milled, not sure what the functionality will be of the lower. It may turn out to be a $113 brick. Additionally, milling jigs from Range Tool and 80% Arms will not work with this lower unless modified to fit.

I should have went with a QC10 lower along with parts/pieces but was interested in trying the 80% route along with trying to save $ since I've made several 80% AR15 lowers in the past. Probably should have looked at the RRA LAR40 a bit more as well. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by andywoj; 08-29-15 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    These guys just emailed me their upper and lower sets are shipping next week to their dealers.

http://angstadtarms.com

Sale going on here. https://www.quartercircle10.com
    Last edited by usmcvet; 08-29-15 at 17:33.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    These guys just emailed me their upper and lower sets are shipping next week to their dealers.

http://angstadtarms.com

Sale going on here. https://www.quartercircle10.com
    It figures.....40 bolt is out of stock. I'm on the email list when they're available again.

Feedback Score
    Try Rudy at Macons Armory, better to call as he doesn't do email well. Her's a good guy who is willing to offer advice and makes 40 barrels, opens up 9MM bolts to 40.

Feedback Score
    I think a 357Sig pistol or carbine would be cool. You'd actually get some decent velocities with full-power loads (like Underwood).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Rudy is working a DI 10 MM, he might have a 357 Sig upper. He's a machinist and makes a lot of his own stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoj View Post
    I haven't actually called them, but I've been to their site and looked at their parts. Last time I checked they were out of .40 bolts but had the barrel I was interested in. I also posted something at macon armory, but haven't heard back from them at all. The search is still on....... I think my biggest concern is finding the right magwell insert that will work with something other than RRA magazines et al. If I could find a mawell insert that I could use with my 80% lower, and all the particular parts that go with it that would work with Glock magazines, then I would be more confident in ordering parts from QC 10 for a build.
    I have been buried under a couple of projects....we are seriously upgrading production capabilityand introducing a new mag that I had to fire a contractor and find a new one..........My apologies if I didn't get back to you......website doesn't always co-operate and notify me.....I can help with barrel bolt or complete upper no problem for a 40..........and have suggestions on ways to feed it.....email me direct at rudyk@maconarmory.com

I also have both QC10 small frame lowers and a shipment of New Frontier due in next week for prototyping....can you see where the interference is with the New Frontier lower and your mags? Could/would you send me one of the offending magazines.....?I'd like to measure/compare them to my factor glock 22 round mags that don't seem to have any issues.

Let me know what I can do to help.........we'll get you shooting..
    Rudy
    Last edited by Mad Machinist; 09-12-15 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I think a 357Sig pistol or carbine would be cool. You'd actually get some decent velocities with full-power loads (like Underwood).
    Yeah, I been thinking along this line as well.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12