Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to build a 40 carbine

Feedback Score

want to build a 40 carbine

Need some info / advice. If I were to purchase a .40 barrel and bolt from quarter circle 10, and a magwell adapter from RRA, and installed these parts into a standard ar15 upper and 80% lower, do you think this set up will function? I'm not sure how proprietary these parts are, so I don't want to order and it not work. I like quartercircle's twist rate on their barrels, and want to use my 80% lower that I milled out. Any info is greatly appreciated

Feedback Score
    Anyone? Anything?

Feedback Score
    Most pistol caliber ARs have a feed ramp pinned in them for the 9MM or 40 S&W, I don't know abut using a magazine connecter. Mine is a DDLES (now Quarter Circle 10) small Glock lower. I have a 40 S&W and 9MM upper for it. My 40 barrel was from DDLES and my 9MM is from ADCO. Rudy at Macon Armory builds lots of pistol caliber ARs and is always glad to help.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Have you called QC10? I bet they would help. There is lots of good info on their web site.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Have you called QC10? I bet they would help. There is lots of good info on their web site.
    I haven't actually called them, but I've been to their site and looked at their parts. Last time I checked they were out of .40 bolts but had the barrel I was interested in. I also posted something at macon armory, but haven't heard back from them at all. The search is still on....... I think my biggest concern is finding the right magwell insert that will work with something other than RRA magazines et al. If I could find a mawell insert that I could use with my 80% lower, and all the particular parts that go with it that would work with Glock magazines, then I would be more confident in ordering parts from QC 10 for a build.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Indeed. Emailed them to see if they're going to sell this in an anodized version. Also asked if there's a possibility of them manufacturing an insertable block for a std AR15 lower that takes Glock et al mags.

ETA: can get the receiver anodized via special order for additional $5, takes about 3-4 weeks. My cost on one of these would be $142 shipped.
    Regarding mag blocks, quote from the company "We prefer not to make blocks for AR receivers, but instead make dedicated receivers like our C-9. We do have future plans to offer a .40 and .45, just no timeframe right now."
    Last edited by andywoj; 08-15-15 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoj View Post
    Indeed. Emailed them to see if they're going to sell this in an anodized version. Also asked if there's a possibility of them manufacturing an insertable block for a std AR15 lower that takes Glock et al mags.

ETA: can get the receiver anodized via special order for additional $5, takes about 3-4 weeks. My cost on one of these would be $142 shipped.
    Regarding mag blocks, quote from the company "We prefer not to make blocks for AR receivers, but instead make dedicated receivers like our C-9. We do have future plans to offer a .40 and .45, just no timeframe right now."
    Good news the extra $5 is probably worth it. Will you treat the rest of the gun after you finish it?

Feedback Score
    Good news the extra $5 is probably worth it. Will you treat the rest of the gun after you finish it?
    No probably not. I already have a mil spec butt stock assembly, and will piece this together with parts from QC 10 and others. May take a while to do it. I usually try to keep things stock for the most part. First step is to clear the purchase of the lower with my loan department (wife) and we'll see where it goes from there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoj View Post
    No probably not. I already have a mil spec butt stock assembly, and will piece this together with parts from QC 10 and others. May take a while to do it. I usually try to keep things stock for the most part. First step is to clear the purchase of the lower with my loan department (wife) and we'll see where it goes from there.
    Yeah, getting the approval from the wife is always a tough hurdle.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast