Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot-Timer Apps

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Shot-Timer Apps

Anyone using any of the shot-timer apps available for smartphones?

Which one are you using? What do you like/dislike about it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I used the Surefire one back when. I didn't have my Sordin's then, but it was mostly worthless because of the speaker. Couldn't hear it for crap with plugs or muffs on when others were shooting etc. A friend tried one on his droid 3-4 months ago and for whatever reason his Peltor's nor my Sordin's picked up the bell well, so go back to that not hearing it well with background noise comment. May be his speaker, may just be the app. IDK. I would DL one and play with it for dry-fire/draw work, but I will just buy a real timer for the actual range. Even a cheaper one.

Kind of interested in the responses though. Apps like this don't get much exposure because of the policies regarding weapons related stuff. Like I said, Could be good for working on your draw on rainy Sunday afternoons if nothing else. The technology could have improved too. I'm 199% confident my friends was a free version, whatever it was. So that can be hit or miss

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The intended usage just so happens to be "Sunday Afterrnon" dirt shooting.

One one set of earpro I have a line in/Aux that could feed from the phone, so that might help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Huh. You know I never thought about running an aux cable to the ear pro's audio in somehow... Jeez.
    Last edited by Hemoglobin; 07-11-15 at 12:13. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    I have found nothing useful for android.
    Surefire shot timer for iPhone worked great for dry fire, but I could never get it to work well for live fire. It would pick up the shots, but thw times were wtong. I ended up buying a real one and love it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Huh. You know I never thought about running an aux cable to the ear pro's audio in somehow... Jeez.

; )

I use it for rocking out to heavy metal. Works great for mowing the lawn, too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use "IPSC Shot Timer (Beta)" for Android. Works well enough, you do have to calibrate it to make it work well though.

No real issues and it works great for dry firing too, but I eventually put down money for a real shot timer because they're easier to read in direct sunlight, have tactile buttons instead of touchscreen buttons (especially useful when you're using gloves), and don't waste my phone batteries.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I use "IPSC Shot Timer (Beta)" for Android. Works well enough, you do have to calibrate it to make it work well though.

No real issues and it works great for dry firing too, but I eventually put down money for a real shot timer because they're easier to read in direct sunlight, have tactile buttons instead of touchscreen buttons (especially useful when you're using gloves), and don't waste my phone batteries.
    I use this one some on my Droid. Calibrated every session it still picks up echoes (you can adjust delay but then it doesn't pick up all shots), holster noise, slide cycling, and other sounds. Just about worthless as a shot timer, but not quite, having someone to hold it helps. Par time is probably its most useful function.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

Roger that. I will check this one out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef15 View Post
    I use this one some on my Droid. Calibrated every session it still picks up echoes (you can adjust delay but then it doesn't pick up all shots), holster noise, slide cycling, and other sounds. Just about worthless as a shot timer, but not quite, having someone to hold it helps. Par time is probably its most useful function.
    What I tend to do is run the calibration thing, then set it a few dB higher so it won't pick up echoes and random noise. Works well enough that I didn't buy a shot timer for like 3 years lol.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast