Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCumia View Post
    Oh.

Well if they are going for that level of price increase, then why not go even further?

I think a 5.7 model would be very cool, maybe conversion kits for other calibers, maybe 7.62×25mm

I mean if they are going to have to raise costs, why not make it worth the risk/increase in price?

Any idea on what they will be doing for the recoil spring system? Are they going back to 3rd gen or staying with 4th gen layout?
    Well, I'd guess that the 5.7 wouldn't fit in any of their current magazines, and, seriously, how many 7.62x25's do you think they'd sell every year?

I have NO idea what, if anything they're planning. I have NO inside knowledge. Seriously. Just speculating based on things we've seen and heard over the years.

IMHO, we'll see a finger-grooveless Gen4 frame, with some sort of "tweaked" system for attaching the back straps to avoid the prohibition on inserts retained with pins. Beyond that, I don't expect to see a huge change. But, I could be WAY wrong - I have been plenty in my lifetime.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Return 9mm guns to Gen-3 recoil spring configuration in order to strengthen the front-lower slide face.
    RAM Engineer

Is that occurring?

We have been with G21s since 1992 and upgraded in 2011 to SF and have a few Gen 4 G21s.

We are starting the very slow process of going Gen 4 G17s which will take the next few years.

Are there reports of breakage on gen 4 G17 slides due to the larger opening for the recoil spring assembly?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    I just want want them to make gen 3 9mm just like they used to; with tennifer finish. You know, back when they worked. I can add my own sights as needed. Too many "non dedicated" people ask me which handgun for self defense. 9mm works and it needs to be inexpensive within reason.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    RAM Engineer

Is that occurring?

We have been with G21s since 1992 and upgraded in 2011 to SF and have a few Gen 4 G21s.

We are starting the very slow process of going Gen 4 G17s which will take the next few years.

Are there reports of breakage on gen 4 G17 slides due to the larger opening for the recoil spring assembly?

Thanks in advance
    I've seen exactly ONE picture of a Gen 4 that had the lower 120 degrees broken off of the slide flange for the recoil spring. I have no back story on it as to whether it was dropped or broke from fatigue. BUT just looking at it, that is a VERY thin cross-sectional area right there and I wouldn't expect it to survive even a mild drop onto the nose of the gun. Compare and contrast this area with some other guns, such as the VP9 and P320. I believe they definitely need some more meat in this area for durability purposes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've seen exactly ONE picture of a Gen 4 that had the lower 120 degrees broken off of the slide flange for the recoil spring. I have no back story on it as to whether it was dropped or broke from fatigue. BUT just looking at it, that is a VERY thin cross-sectional area right there and I wouldn't expect it to survive even a mild drop onto the nose of the gun. Compare and contrast this area with some other guns, such as the VP9 and P320. I believe they definitely need some more meat in this area for durability purposes.
    I hate to ask but do you have a link to said photo?

I just feel like the change in the recoil was pointless, caused more problems with no reward, and created a whole new segment for parts for the sake of future sells of said parts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCumia View Post
    I hate to ask but do you have a link to said photo?

I just feel like the change in the recoil was pointless, caused more problems with no reward, and created a whole new segment for parts for the sake of future sells of said parts.
    I'll have to look. It was in a magazine. I was thinking Recoil but I'm not sure.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718