Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by click boom View Post
    lol yeah, glocks don't work at all.
    I never said Glocks don't work..It's the extractors that seem to have problems. I have a Grey framed Gen 4 G19 bought about two weeks ago, and guess what? Yup, BTF the first rounds out of it, and for the next 750 or so, until I replaced the extractor with a Apex unit, and replaced the mag springs with Wolfe +10% springs..OTH, I also have a Gen4 G17 made in 2010 that I bought, it was a police trade-in, price was right and I bought it..It runs like a swiss watch. No BTF, nothing. It's box-stock, I've only changed the sights, and as a precaution,(and I'm not entirely sure they needed it) recoil spring assembly, trigger spring, and striker spring. It runs fine. Tell me again that Glock has the extractor issues fixed...If you truly believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-03-15 at 13:04.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I'd like the Gen5 to have a straighter grip angle. I love my Gen4 19 that I carry every day, but I still point my M&P45 more naturally. I tried the Gripforce and it just didn't feel comfortable to me. If they came out with a G19 that had a grip closer to the angle of my M&P, that would be pretty close to my perfect handgun.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 09-01-15 at 16:01.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    My recommendations:

1. Modular, customizable Grip (think HK VP9)
    2. Undercut trigger guard
    3. Decent sights not made of plastic, hey Gaston...go look at these: Vickers Battlesights
    4. Front slide serrations
    5. Trigger more like a SIG 320
    Why not just buy a 320? After shooting the 320, I highly doubt I'll ever own another Glock

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I see a lot of people saying they want Gen 3 internals. Sorry for my ignorance, but what is it about the Gen 3 internals that's better than the Gen 4?

Feedback Score
    Gen 5 Glock:

Lose the annoying "hump" on the backstrap of the full size frames. No other pistols have such a pronounced hump and it does tend to make you shoot low with this hump. The G19 sized Glocks have less of a hump but it is still there.

Fix the weak ejection/extractor issue. If you have to charge us 5 bucks more for the pistol to have a machined extractor...so be it. No more brass to face or "dribbling out" ejection, please.

Take a hard look at Larry Vicker's mag release. Maybe this should be OEM on the Gen 5 Glocks?

Ditch the plastic sights and offer base sights that are metal and better. Again...if you have to charge us 5 bucks more for the gun..many will pay it to get decent starter sights. There is NO excuse for crappy plastic sights...period. Kyle DeFoor's excellent black machined sights would be a great thing to emulate.

That is about it for me. Bring on the Gen 5s! LOL
    Last edited by brickboy240; 09-04-15 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Lose the annoying "hump" on the backstrap of the full size frames. No other pistols have such a pronounced hump and it does tend to make you shoot low with this hump. The G19 sized Glocks have less of a hump but it is still there.
    There's a lot of derp in this thread that I have restrained myself from commenting on, however: bullets only go where your sights are pointed at. Quit playing musical guns and learn where your sights point.

Also, why pay for sights you're going to throw away? Plastic is perfect. Keeps the dovetail safe until you put in whatever you want. Bubbas keep them in, but who cares?
    Last edited by Trajan; 09-04-15 at 10:44.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    There's a lot of derp in this thread that I have restrained myself from commenting on, however: bullets only go where your sights are pointed at. Quit playing musical guns and learn where your sights point.

Also, why pay for sights you're going to throw away? Plastic is perfect. Keeps the dovetail safe until you put in whatever you want. Bubbas keep them in, but who cares?
    You win the internet for the day.

Want to pay $50-$100 more for the gun with Glock steel or night sights that you may or may not like anyway. I'd rather have that money in my pocket to put toward sights of my preference.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Plus it's not like they don't give you the option to buy them new with 3-dot trijicon night sights.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Plus it's not like they don't give you the option to buy them new with 3-dot trijicon night sights.
    All of this^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

This, AGAIN. I don't want to pay ANYTHING for sights that aren't what I want. The one thing Glock does Perfect is not waste my money on sights I don't' want.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast