Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

My recommendations:

1. Modular, customizable Grip (think HK VP9)
    2. Undercut trigger guard
    3. Decent sights not made of plastic, hey Gaston...go look at these: Vickers Battlesights
    4. Front slide serrations
    5. Trigger more like a SIG 320
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought glocks were perfect?

Sorry Flyinghunter, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I would like to see grip options. Like ones with no finger grooves and loosing the plastic POS sites.
    Last edited by Kain; 07-13-15 at 20:20.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    1. Incorporate M&P style rear grip insert that allows for CT laser grip integration.
    2. Abandon superfluous trigger within a trigger "safety." It serves practically no purpose other than tricking police administrators into thinking it is a safety.
    3. Abandon screw-on front sights. I know Glock likes saving money, but this is subpar. Needs dovetail or CZ style cross-wise roll pin.
    4. Put thicker shelf around the slide-release lever to reduce accidental slide lock-back and/or failure to lock back.
    5. Return to G3 specs for recoil system, etc for 9mm models.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Go back to the Gen 3 specs and leave it alone. I can modify the grip to my likings.

I've seen a lot of people gripe about the screw on sights. What's the big deal? Little bit of thread locker and I've never had one come loose before.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good topic. I've been Glock monogamous for almost 12 years now.
    Here's what I want:

Every Gen 5 should come with the factory extended slide stop lever (or slide release as they say back on the block)

Slightly revised takedown. My fingernails hurt when stripping the pistol. A little longer and a little fatter, please

Don't care about interchangeable grips.

Slanted front and rear serrations

MIAD style front grip, giving the option to NOT have finger grooves.

I agree...while I don't mind the trigger safety; I don't like it either. At least an option to change it. Wide and fat. Possibly flat bow.

Yeah I'd buy that

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Change angle of extractor from (15 degrees?) back to 90..also redesign the slide, extractor entirely. Shitcan the spring, depressor rod, bearing, etc, and change to a simple lever&spring set up like found in HK's M&P's etc, You know, something that works.. Lower the ejection port, and bevel the inside bottom of the port. Make the extractor wider to get a better grip on the case. And while we're at it, on the sides of the breech face where the case slides up, cut a small notch to catch the rim of the case, and stop it from sliding off the breach face in case of poor extractor tension..

Get rid of the finger grooves. and the "safety" lever on the trigger, as was mentioned above it doesn't do anything meaningful.

Possibly offer a model with a Gadget installed..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-13-15 at 21:55.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What Ralph said.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Change angle of extractor from (15 degrees?) back to 90..also redesign the slide, extractor entirely. Shitcan the spring, depressor rod, bearing, etc, and change to a simple lever&spring set up like found in HK's M&P's etc, You know, something that works.. Lower the ejection port, and bevel the inside bottom of the port. Make the extractor wider to get a better grip on the case. And while we're at it, on the sides of the breech face where the case slides up, cut a small notch to catch the rim of the case, and stop it from sliding off the breach face in case of poor extractor tension..

Get rid of the finger grooves. and the "safety" lever on the trigger, as was mentioned above it doesn't do anything meaningful.

Possibly offer a model with a Gadget installed..
    lol yeah, glocks don't work at all.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    and the "safety" lever on the trigger, as was mentioned above it doesn't do anything meaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    2. Abandon superfluous trigger within a trigger "safety." It serves practically no purpose other than tricking police administrators into thinking it is a safety.
    Fellas, this is bad information to our readers. That is an inertia safety. If that thing wouldn't exist and you dropped your pistol on it's backstrap, the gun would go off. Although it's not the most comfortable thing, it's a necessity. If anyone wants to dispute it, buy a $15 trigger and trigger bar and file that inertia safety off and drop the gun a few times. .....I suggest you use an unloaded weapon.....

Back to the main topic of this thread....
    An RTF2 without finger grooves and front sight dovetails would do it for me.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    G17 slide, G19 grip length, no grip bumps, Gen4 features, "-" connector.

I chopped my G17 and the more I shoot it, the more I'm convinced this configuration is ideal.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast