Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So you call me names and I'm classless? Call out the PC-Police, somebody's got thin skin.

If you care to open a dictionary, retarded and "mental retardation" are not one in the same.

Guess you've never purchased flame retarded pants? It would be all to offensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Why would I be against it? Because they are unnecessary. Why add more parts and a potential failure point to a gun for no reason? The gun only fires when the trigger is pulled. It's drop safe. If you're having a problem with your lipstick tube getting into the trigger guard while it floats around in your purse, buy a quality holster.

Proper gun-handling negates the need for a forth safety on the Glock. This is 2015, such notions need set aside. If you're shooting yourself, you have no business handling a firearm. You've mishandled it. Furthermore, it's like sights. Glock went to all plastic sights. Why? It's a waste of money to try to meet the tastes of a minority of people. It's better for the consumer to have $5.00 sights they will throw away than $100 sights they will throw away.

Why advocate for changing the most popular handgun design off all time for a minority of people? Don't like it, buy a Smith.

Question, why did S&W and FN do so? Could it be going after specific contracts that require a thumb safety?

So you want to limit who can and cannot have a firearm based on proficiency? Sure sounds like some politicians in power at the moment. Not everybody has the resources or care enough to reach what you deem as proficient. Some people want a thumb safety on a Glock - so what. It isn't your business how they want to train or what they want to carry. Freedom - damn that's a nice word. The word "choices" comes into mind as well.

Everything you've said just sounds like regurgitated thoughts found on those tactical dvd's sold on those javascript heavy websites. Except angrier.

Unless you can show that a broken thumb safety on a Glock renders a firearm useless - it is moot. All my handguns and rifles have thumb safeties - man I must be incompetent and 90 years old huh . Sadly, none have broken yet.

Just go ahead and file down the thumb safety on your AR so it stays on "FIRE" and cannot be deactivated. Same thing.

I wonder how many ND's occurred before people realized a safety is probably a good idea for these contracts geared toward the "general masses" where maintaining proficiency with a handgun is not something expected? Hmm...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

You put words in my mouth; anybody can buy a firearm that has the legal right; I haven't advocated otherwise. However I do want anybody handling one around me to know what they are doing.

But, Let's get this straight, you want to change the design of the most popular handgun in the world so that people that handle them unsafely won't shoot themselves?

Why don't we just make them all into nerf guns? Or just all use laser trainers instead? It's not that hard not to point the gun at yourself or others and to keep your finger off the trigger until you press out...

Yes there are lots of failures from firearms because of safety malfunctions. Furthermore, I couldn't tell you the number of times I've seen new shooters try to fire their pistol to realize their safety is on; what happens in a self-defense life or death situation? You say train to use the thumb safety. Why not train to be safe with the firearm?

Or the "untrained general masses" who are to stubborn or poor to seek training can just buy one of the many existing firearms that come with a manual thumb safety.

Glock has safeties. So I don't know where you're getting the idea that NDs are occurring all the time and somebody got the bright idea to add them. Where have I advocated that a firearm shouldn't have a safety?

If it were such a flaw in the design, I wonder how Glock became the biggest selling pistol in the country and the world?

Last edited by tylerw02; 07-27-15 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You put words in my mouth; anybody can buy a firearm that has the legal right; I haven't advocated otherwise. However I do want anybody handling one around me to know what they are doing.

But, Let's get this straight, you want to change the design of the most popular handgun in the world so that people that handle them I safely won't shoot themselves?

Why don't we just make them all into nerf guns? Or just all use laser trainers instead?

Yes there are lots of failures from firearms because of safety malfunctions. Furthermore, I couldn't tell you the number of times I've seen new shooters try to fire their pistol to realize their safety is on; what happens in a self-defense life or death situation? You say train to use the thumb safety. Why not train to be safe with the firearm?

Or the "untrained general masses" who are to stubborn or poor to seek training can just buy one of the many existing firearms that come with a manual thumb safety.

Glock has safeties. So I don't know where you're getting the idea that NDs are occurring all the time and somebody got the bright idea to add them. Where have I advocated that a firearm shouldn't have a safety?

If it were such a flaw in the design, I wonder how Glock became the biggest selling pistol in the country and the world?

Like I said in my first post Tyler - not everyone is responsible or the brightest crayon in the box. My point was humans are flawed and error-prone, which is a viable reason to consider a thumb safety.

Nobody here insinuated Glocks design was flawed or all Glocks should have a thumb safety (nothing is perfect though). Merely pointing out an OEM option would be a nice choice to have. You know, like some Glocks are FDE and some are black? Just a choice. I know as a 1911 guy, I would appreciate it, since my thumb is always looking for a safety at this point.

I am also pretty sure this was just a fun thread on people exchanging ideas on what they would like to see.

FYI - change is not always a bad thing. e.g., everything eventually changes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why don't we just ban guns because not everyone is responsible?

I suspected you were a 1911 guy. Remember how I said its 2015

Have a good evening.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I suspected you were a 1911 guy. Remember how I said its 2015

Finally

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sr71plane and tylerw02, check your PMs. Your participation in this thread has ended.

We now return this thread to a higher level of discourse.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    sr71plane and tylerw02, check your PMs. Your participation in this thread has ended.

We now return this thread to a higher level of discourse.
    ST911 - Thanks for redirecting this thread which I opened. It was an embarrassing lack of civility.

Back on track: If I could add one single thing to the Gen 5 it would be to resolve the BTF once and for all.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    My vote goes to fully supported chambers to end the stupid Glock bulge once and for all. If I'm laying out money for a G20/22 or G35/40 I shouldn't have to replace the barrel right off the bat to shoot my reloads in it without having to bulge bust them.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Fully supported chambers and no more brass to face issues.

...that would about do it.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast