Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5, What would you recommend to Glock?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Doing what I suggested would make BTF a thing of the past..

Well that's great news! Now to implement your plan...I went to Glocks website, jobs, and found this position: CNC - FERTIGUNGSTECHNIKER/IN ZERSPANUNG.
    Please apply for whatever this CNC job is and solve the eternal/infernal BTF problem. I'll pitch in for the airfare to Austria.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    My recommendations:

1. Modular, customizable Grip (think HK VP9)
    2. Undercut trigger guard
    3. Decent sights not made of plastic, hey Gaston...go look at these: Vickers Battlesights
    4. Front slide serrations
    5. Trigger more like a SIG 320
    Too many sight options to do that. I'd only want Trijicon HD orange. So any other crap just wastes my money. I consider the plastic sights place holders or dovetail protectors.

I used to think front slide serrations were necessary for press checks. Then I was issued a Glock and I quickly learned they aren't. They serve no functional purpose in my mind and are purely cosmetic. And I wouldn't want them on a Gen 5.

I'd like to see interchangeable front and side straps (finger grooves and no finger grooves). I'd like grey as a frame color and that's about it.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A lot of things previously mentioned Id like to see but my only real complaints are the undercut and the shape of the trigger. I don't like how round it is from side to side. Id like a flater trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well that's great news! Now to implement your plan...I went to Glocks website, jobs, and found this position: CNC - FERTIGUNGSTECHNIKER/IN ZERSPANUNG.
    Please apply for whatever this CNC job is and solve the eternal/infernal BTF problem. I'll pitch in for the airfare to Austria.
    Doing what I suggested is well known, Glock went to the 15 degree extractor in a effort to get the case to clear the ejection port, when all that was needed was to lower the port. If you ever read the BTF thread that was over 200pgs long, (I think)at least one of these ideas have already been tried. for example, Randy Lee of Apex tactical has been lowering ejection ports on Glocks for years, it's nothing new, and it works. Glock knows full well what they could do if they wanted,But apparently they don't want to bad enough. People buy everything they make as it is so, why should they change?? Glock will do nothing to address any known problems until somebody comes along and gives them some serious competition for LE contracts/civilian sales, and starts making inroads into their bread and butter..

Besides, I don't speak German, and I'm not inclined to learn.
    Last edited by ralph; 07-13-15 at 22:29.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'd like grey as a frame color and that's about it.
    Lipsey's has your factory Grey frame:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...=GLPG1950203GF
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glock Gen 5.
    1. Serialized removable frame rails to which the frame, trigger, sear, ejector etc. Attach.

2. Removable duty, compact, and sub compact grips. (Non serialized) buy the compact, then you can buy a second frame in whatever size you want. To go from a 19 sized, to a 17 or a 26 sized gun.

3. From the factory steel Glock sights with the front sight being mounted on a dovetail as has been previously mentioned.

4. Revised takedown similar to the captured takedown pin of the Arsenal Strike One.

5. Ideally be able to take Gen 4 slides as well as Gen 5 slides. That way aethstetic or functional changes on Gen 5 guns can be swapped to a more traditional Glock look/feel. As well as affording those with extensive updates to Gen 4 slides such as RMR cuts, serrations jobs etc. can utilize their personal improvements.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MOLON AABE; 07-13-15 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A closed top glock 34 and go back to the gen 3 9mm recoil spring assembly. My list of changes wouldn't be realistic. I'm better off just sending my gun to have the frame worked over and the slide worked over. I'll have my RMR's one day lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I want a Glock 34 MOS with tall sights and a threaded barrel. Nothing follows.

Feedback Score
    Lipsey's has your factory Grey frame:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...=GLPG1950203GF
    Holy sweetness! You just cost me more money! Lol! Truth be told it isn't your fault. I'd have seen them eventually. But thanks!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There is quite a bit of flack here on the Gen 4 springs, what exactly did I miss regarding those? My Gen 4 19 I have not had a spring issue. Simply asking, not trying to start an argument or call anyone out.

what I would want on a Gen 5;

Remove the finger grooves. I was amazed how much I liked them not being there on a Gen 3 that my friend removed them from. I felt like I had better control.

Good factory sights on all guns. Add a little bit of cost and ship with usable 3-dot steel sights. The dot notch is a joke, and being plastic makes it worse.

Friendlier controls. Extend the mag release similar to the tango down add ons, extended slide release like TD, and easier take down levers. I have dealt with some very, very stiff take down levers.

Stock RDS options and packages. The MOS was the correct direction, but make a factory model with suppressor height night sights, with maybe an RMR shipped from factory. This could also translate to more tactical packages from the factory (I am looking at the FN45 tactical)

More factory customization options. Allow me to order a G21 with RMR setup, suppressor height sights, threaded barrels directly from Glock or Lipsey's or whomever. Give us more factory options.

Interchangeable grip panels. The P30 and the VP9 are great examples of how to make a gun feel in your hand just right.

Fix the extractor issue the first time. No excuses that guys are still getting BTF.

Just my humble additions and subtractions on what I would personally want. I shoot Glocks more than any of my other guns.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast