Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new to suppressors suggestions??

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

new to suppressors suggestions??

I have a couple firearms that I would like to suppress. The main ones would be 5.56 but I also have a glock .22lr conversion that Id like to use. 1)---Is it possible that a .223 suppressor works with .22lr? I don't see why not but want a confirmation.

Now the ar15s, one is a 10.5" and the other is an 18". I don't really know what Im looking for in one but would really like to only have to buy one since they are such a pita to tax stamp (waiting a year and all the paperwork). I like the shorter suppressors more than longer since it'd be used on an sbr ask me questions to help figure out what fits my needs and wants and ill respond pretty quicky.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With one can for multiple rifles I don't think you can go wrong with the SiCo Omega. Multiple end caps for different calibers/applications, lightweight, great warranty, adaptable mounting solutions, short and proving to be one of the quieter cans out there.

It's generally a bad idea to try and suppress .22s with a center fire can. .22s are really dirty and will jam up sealed cans with both lead and powder. Also, rifle cans are considered far to large and heavy to be anykind of practical for .22 handgun use.

Once you buy one can, you will want another. Between an adaptable .30cal can and a .22 can you cover a wide spectrum of firearms.

If you are suppressing that 18 inch rifle, your arms will really appreciate a lightweight can. Hanging 20+ ounces off the muzzle at that distance isn't great.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 07-14-15 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    ok,so only centerfire suppression now. Ill probably go designated 5.56 can then

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    ok,so only centerfire suppression now. Ill probably go designated 5.56 can then
    I think most of the advice you will get here would be to stay away from a designated 5.56 can as a first can. With today's modular cans, .30 makes a ton of sense. You can simply change the end cap diameter and end up with BETTER suppression than you had with a designated can, simply due to the greater internal volume. 5.56 is not exactly quiet with a can (still very loud) so having options is nice (.308, .300blk etc).

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've been looking at the omega that is only one can size just different end caps right?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm liking the omega so far

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My first (and only) suppressor purchase was the AAC SDN-6; very VERY happy with the results. It works incredibly well with 300blk/.308 however I have been using it mostly on a 5.56 SBR. When shooting next to friends with dedicated 5.56 cans, there really is no discernible difference. I'm sure there is a decibel difference if you were monitoring it with equipment, but to the naked ear they all sound the same when we are shooting.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've never believed in buying a .30 cal can to suppress a 5.56, as it is less than optimal for that platform generally due to size. However if you're on a shoe string budget and only plan to buy 1 suppressor, I guess it may be ok. How often do you shoot .308? If rarely or never, why bother with a .30 cal can? Most people likely shoot 5.56 to .308 at a 10:1 ratio or higher. As I recently heard in SiCo's last YouTube video, "getting a suppressor is like getting s tattoo, once you have one, you gotta have more." I really don't believe in hosts sharing cans, 1 can per host, that is my rule.

Sure fire SOCOM RC's can be had for $799 right now + stamp and transfer fee, I'd buy one of those.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm also not big on the idea of buying a .30 cal can just because, for all the reasons laid out by PatriotucDisorder. If you already have a .308, .300 blk, 6.8, etc. I can understand going this route for your first one, but if this is not the case then I recommend going with a dedicated 5.56 model.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast