Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Done with anything AAC

Feedback Score
    I bought an AAC flash hider off of their website on 5/17. After not getting a shipping confirmation from them for 9 days, I finally sent an email asking if they had received my order and when I could expect a tracking number. I received no reply.

The flash hider showed up about a week later, so at least I got that.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had bought an AAC SPR-M4 for my first suppressor back a few years ago. I bought one that was on-order, from AAC, that my dealer had the serial # for. He had sent me all the paper-work, and I was about to go and get the CLEO sign-off, when he called and let me know that AAC had scrapped that suppressor, and the serial # was no-longer valid, and he would have to get me another can's number, and...at that point I just went with Surefire, and have not had a moment's regret. I now have 5 SF centerfire cans, and love 'em all, along with SF's customer service. Superb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BPA164 View Post
    So after waiting roughly somewhere in the ballpark of 2 months I have given up. all I wanted was my AAC 762 sdn6 fixed, I guess that is a problem because they wont send me a shipping label.
    What needs to be repaired and how did it get that way? Why do you believe they should send you a shipping label?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I bought one that was on-order, from AAC, that my dealer had the serial # for.
    This is a bit of surprising scenario for me. I wouldn't think a dealer would be willing to let you start transfer paperwork until he had the suppressor in hand. Conversely, why would AAC send information from a Form 3 that hadn't been approved?
    Last edited by H Wyman; 07-16-15 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wyman View Post
    This is a bit of surprising scenario for me. I wouldn't think a dealer would be willing to let you start transfer paperwork until he had the suppressor in hand. Conversely, why would AAC send information from a Form 3 that hadn't been approved?
    Happens all the time. I've purchased cans from three different dealers that they didn't have in stock. They ordered them that day, got a copy of the F3, and filed the F4 within 24 hours because they had the serial number. The ATF frowns on the practice due to the cluster that occurs if there's a delay on the F3 and the F4 is processed first, but it's definitely not uncommon.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbucks08 View Post
    I bought an AAC flash hider off of their website on 5/17. After not getting a shipping confirmation from them for 9 days, I finally sent an email asking if they had received my order and when I could expect a tracking number. I received no reply.

The flash hider showed up about a week later, so at least I got that.
    This has been my experience with AAC.

Honestly, I'm not sure went any body would order from AAC directly. I always find better prices at online dealers. Only reason I've ever ordered from them is because the DTM credits I received.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm still miffed that I bought a suppressor when they first started their Damn the Man promotion and haven't seen any accessories in stock since I got the $200 voucher. Kind of convenient.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I sent AAC an email about my order that hasn't been shipped for 3 weeks and this was their response.
    "Good Afternoon,

First let me say we appreciate your business and we apologize for the time passed in answering. At this time we are experiencing heavy delays, This is due to our transition to our new building, also this has affected shipping, as much as 12 weeks delay. We are actively working to get these problems fixed. The open orders are being shipped as they drop according to age of order. We understand that this is creating frustration however we are working to fix any and all issues.

Thanks and have a good day!!

AAC.."

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I called AAC today and was basically told the same thing as the last post minus the part about a twelve week backlog.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They've kept their tradition of painful. I remember the days of waiting on shit while they were posting pics of themselves playing fukking dodge ball.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    They've kept their tradition of painful. I remember the days of waiting on shit while they were posting pics of themselves playing fukking dodge ball.
    Exactly.

1) This is nothing new.

2) Anyone familiar with corporate buy-outs knows that just because the person earning the net income on the income statement is now a big corporation doesn't necessarily mean the company culture changes.

3) You should have stopped buying AAC cans long ago anyway when better competing products started flooding the market.

Disclaimer: I own three AAC suppressors.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast