Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a new Sig P226?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Should I buy a new Sig P226?

So, should I buy a new Sig P226? Or maybe the better question is would you buy a new Sig P226? I've been wanting one of these for a while now, and am wanting to hear your opinions on them. I watch YouTube reviews, and read reviews and most people say it's great. But every once in a while I still hear that one or two lone dissenters who say Sig Exeter can't produce a firearm to save its life.

Oh, and yeah, I know the Internet will say get a German made one. I'm asking about a new production version. Probably the MK25 because I prefer that style grip as opposed to the newer style regular P226.

Let me also say I have no intention of carrying this, and mostly it will be one of my nightstand guns and a range toy.

Feedback Score
    The current production P-series guns are good to go. I have several old and new production guns and I'm not seeing any difference in the build quality. In addition, the P-226 in 9mm has generally been Sig's most reliable pistol.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    They are still good guns. If you want one get it. Im sure it will serve you well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm glad you asked this. I want one too. I bought a P229 in 1998 in 40 cal and it's been flawless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just purchased a MK-25 2 months ago..& got a certificate for 2 free mags.."the pistol came with 3" I put 500 failure free rounds through it.."WWB 115 grn" I found that the grip was a bit large for me, so I slapped an E2 grip & a short reach trigger on/in it..then put another 2000 rnds through it, also 0 malfs. Mostly 124 grn fmj & 500 PDX 140 grns. I bought the pistol as a range toy..it has subsequently become my primary carry gun in a Bladetech IWB holster..it's an amazingly accurate sidearm..& the double action on mine lightened up noticeably after 1000 rnds or so?? Mine has been great thus far.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I also have a MK25 and it is fantastic. Trigger out of the box was very smooth in both DA and SA. I installed a SRT trigger right off the bat and couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would go with a 228 or a 229. I have never been able to shoot a 226 as good as a 228 or 229. I have had the west german, german and recent US made versions of the P226. Also with the newer versions you can get flush fit mags that hold just as much as the 226. YMMV... I will say that no matter what version or model of 229/228 or 226 I haven't had issues with any of them as long as I have kept it lubricated.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My 2014 stainless (not Elite) P226 is probably my favorite pistol to shoot. It locks up just as tight and has the "ball-bearing" feel of my '05 P229. I had 2 issues with it at first--the barrel had a chip in the muzzle crown, and it had a bad extractor spring, but SIG took care of everything. I also have a 2014 P229, which is also a great shooter, and both are incredibly accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a 226, and would probably go with the MK25.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've been wanting to pick up a MK25. Have shot them on several occasions over the years and always been impressed. I don't think you can go wrong picking one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a standard P226R in 9mm a couple years ago and it ran great, stupidly traded it and have been wanting another ever since. I plan on getting a MK25 next down the line.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast