Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a new Sig P226?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The mec gar mags should come with the MK25 so you won't have to replace the mags unless you wanted the 3 extra rounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have a friend with a MK25 that he bought to replace his old Sigma. Not sure on his round count, but he has not reported any issues with it as of yet. Oh, and the gun did survive being hit by a car without an issue. So there is that too.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Haven't purchased a 226 in years, but the 220 I purchased several months ago has been good to go out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    The mec gar mags should come with the MK25 so you won't have to replace the mags unless you wanted the 3 extra rounds.
    The newer one's are coming with Checkmate mags, the are SIG branded "Made in USA." To be safe, I always chuck the Checkmate and use Mecgar.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, really? I had no idea SIG was shipping their MK25s with checkmate. Aren't the mags supposed to be phosphate coated? Are they doing that with checkmate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    The newer one's are coming with Checkmate mags, the are SIG branded "Made in USA."
    Of course they are. That's what's driving Sig's recent price increase...

Feedback Score
    I recently took the plunge with a threaded barrel mk-25. Seems to be very accurate and shootable. 3" shoot-n-C circles are easy at 7 yards.

Only shot a hundred rounds. One bobble with a round of aquila though. Failure to chamber. The bullet was set back a few milimeters so I probably wont count that against the gun....

Not sure about adding the short trigger, SRT, and E2 grips yet. I seem to shoot it fine as is. Might be better for one handed shooting though.

The sights shot high at 25 yards. With a poa=poi set of sights I would like it even more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I installed a Short Reset Trigger kit in my P239 yesterday. If you buy a Sig, I highly recommend the SRT kit.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Are all "made in italy" marked mags made by mecgar?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Are all "made in italy" marked mags made by mecgar?
    As far as I know, yes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast