Thread: Best PEQ option?

Feedback Score

Best PEQ option?

I have no need and no reason to do so, but I am doing a relatively low cost clone of my old work m4. It served me well for 8 years, multiple deployments, etc.

This is not the latest, best, etc. but let's say I have my Kac rail and grip, gi normus sure fire, arms rear sight, pistol grip, older style butt stock, that were on the gun, and a new same model eotech.

It will not be an exact copy as I am using a 16 inch upper, and not a colt lower.

For most of the time, I had a peq 2. The ir laser simply proved far faster than the nv settings on the eotech and lining up helmet, 50-50 goggles, etc. later went to the 15 as nothing cleared out people that did not need to be shot faster than a visible laser on them and they would leave fast.

So, the big cost item for this build would be the peq.

This is not going to be my go to war carbine. It is going to sit on a shelf with some old pieces of kit, and go to the range once in a while. Think of it as a modern fire place gun.

What are my options ? Is there a middle ground between air soft junk and a several thousand dollar item?

Also has me wondering about when I finally buy my nvgs. I have the most time with 50-50s, But they are relatively obscure, but less durable than their replacement- but those are cost prohibitive.

Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you just want want a green laser there is the Sightmark LoPro laser designator.... I really don't think there's a low/moderate budget IR/green laser peq.

Feedback Score
    If it's a wall hanger get a dummy peq.

Feedback Score
    I want it to have some function. The way there is a ACR or PRO instead of getting a T2 I wondered if there is a peq "basic" or something.

Feedback Score
    Some of the chi com knockoffs have real laser function . Maybe not so much IR.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    There is a Japanese company called G&P and I have first hand experience with their products, to include the PEQ2. extremely accurate replica with useful functions including a light and laser. I recommend it.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum

]the custom build area is a place to show off/discuss and ask questions and get feedback about your completed custom build (this means a completed AR that is functional and already completed). If you are going to post pictures of your build, please post a complete picture not just your parts, partial lowers, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have no need and no reason to do so, but I am doing a relatively low cost clone of my old work m4. It served me well for 8 years, multiple deployments, etc.

This is not the latest, best, etc. but let's say I have my Kac rail and grip, gi normus sure fire, arms rear sight, pistol grip, older style butt stock, that were on the gun, and a new same model eotech.

It will not be an exact copy as I am using a 16 inch upper, and not a colt lower.

For most of the time, I had a peq 2. The ir laser simply proved far faster than the nv settings on the eotech and lining up helmet, 50-50 goggles, etc. later went to the 15 as nothing cleared out people that did not need to be shot faster than a visible laser on them and they would leave fast.

So, the big cost item for this build would be the peq.

This is not going to be my go to war carbine. It is going to sit on a shelf with some old pieces of kit, and go to the range once in a while. Think of it as a modern fire place gun.

What are my options ? Is there a middle ground between air soft junk and a several thousand dollar item?

Also has me wondering about when I finally buy my nvgs. I have the most time with 50-50s, But they are relatively obscure, but less durable than their replacement- but those are cost prohibitive.

Thanks for any info.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com