Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting to the left with new Glock26

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Put more finger on the trigger. When I shoot double stack pistols I have to put my finger almost to the first joint to get the pistol to not hit to the left . Something to try.
    This plus more grip solved my Glock shooting left issues. Also more dry fire time. Practice, practice, practice.
    SF

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Put more finger on the trigger. When I shoot double stack pistols I have to put my finger almost to the first joint to get the pistol to not hit to the left . Something to try.
    THIS... Will solve your problem normaly. After going to glock 8 months ago i contacted a trainer friend becouse of this. Since i was shooting .45 (1911) for so many years i would just use the pad or tip of my finger like a rifle almost,my buddy told me to stop shooting it like a .45 and to insert more trigger finger. It stopped immediately. He said it happens alot with new glock shooters. Just hang in there you will get it,i did.

I refused to buy a glock becouse when they were new many many years ago a friend bought one and it wouldnt fire. You could pull the trigger till it hurt and nothing,once you let it go and pulled again it would fire. Not good for a duty weapon. But iam so glad my friend talked me into buying one,ive loved it, its trully the ak47 of pistols. My friend has one with a logged 120,000 rounds through it. It was his loaner g19 when he tought classes and has been through a ton of high round count classes.

Hmac,thanks for posting the chart...
    Last edited by texasgunhand; 07-21-15 at 01:05.

Feedback Score
    Learning to shoot a handgun with a subcompact can be a very steep learning curve. A larger handgun will help you obtain a full grip on the weapon which is critical. Plus a larger/ heavier pistol will help mitigate perceived recoil, which causes alot of problems in and of itself.
    Also I would recommend learning how to properly grip the pistol. In my experience, when a proper grip is obtained, the trigger finger will naturally fall where it needs to be. Then learn proper trigger manipulation, which again, in my opinion, is the most important fundamental skill for shooting a handgun well.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice, everyone, and thank you to Hmac for posting that chart!

I will go shooting sometime this weekend, try having more finger on the trigger.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    It's sort of a futile exercise to diagnose shooting issues without observing the shooter whilst shooting, and seeing the results down range.
    If you want to fix the issue, you should seek out someone who knows what they are doing, and have them observe when you go to the range.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well the wife just bought a glock 27 off a coworker for her concealed carry. Let her shoot some lighter reloads I made for her to use in matches and she did alright with the occasional shot low left. Threw in some winchester ranger rounds we use for work and the added recoil had her anticipating horribly. I know the smaller glocks are snappy with factory loads and I have helped fellow coworkers get to shooting down the middle just by hand and finger placement. Grip should be high on the gun with support hand filling in all the gaps. No gun grip frame showing from the outside. Play with finger placement on the trigger to narrow down where the rounds will end up. More finger or less will help to keep the gun from moving around too much during the trigger pull.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Do you put the index finger of your support hand in front of the trigger guard or below it. I found I tend to pull left with my finger in front of the trigger guard with my G 19.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have been dry firing daily, and have done a few range sessions since starting this thread. I also started putting snap caps in the mags mixed with live rounds to catch my flinches, and I have been working on stopping that.

I ended up moving my rear sight to the right and that instantly helped. The biggest thing, besides cleaning up my fundamentals, is making sure turn my head slightly to the right, and that gives me a perfect sight picture.

At about 7 yards, from the draw, I can shoot pretty much as fast as I can at the moment, and get all hits on my 6" bullseye. For me, that is good considering my poor shooting before. Once I get to 10 yards and beyond, however, my sloppy fundamentals are shown. Today it was mostly shooting a bit high.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will continue to train and sharpen everything up. I plan on taking some local classes as well.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12