Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4A1 Deployment Clone Build

Feedback Score

M4A1 Deployment Clone Build

I always wanted to put together a homage of sorts to an issued M4. My issue with that however is that I would hate to spend the money on a gun, and be limited to features that I was "stuck with" due to not being government issued equipment. So, I decided to put a rifle together that was aesthetically similar to my issued rifle, that also incorporates good quality features that are commercially available. Sort of a gun that was similiar to what I was issued, but with features that I would have enjoyed having, if available

Anyway, on to the specs.

Upper
    -BCM 14.5 inch "SOCOM" M4A1 upper with pinned A2X
    -KAC M4 rail
    -Magpul AFG
    -Trijicon TA01 ACOG with Larue Mount
    -KAC Low Profile BUIS

Lower
    -BCM Blem lower
    -BCM gunfighter stock
    -Geissele SSA trigger
    -VCAS sling
    -Arredondo Mag funnel (this was more of a **** it type addition, I haven't timed my reloads but it does seem to be a nice addition so far)

Overall I'm very pleased with it. It handles nicely, and I have put about 700 rounds through it so far with no issues. Shoots nice, and with the TA01 properly zeroed I have made fairly easy 450 yard hits, but I haven't been able to stretch it farther due to range limitations.

gun.jpg
    Last edited by KyPlinker1; 07-19-15 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    I appologize for the small image size, it seems to go full size once you click it.

Feedback Score
    Nice build. How did you mount the sling to the front end?

Feedback Score
    I forgot to mention that, its a midwest industries rail mounted QD type deal, I have it mounted towards the rear of the rail closest to the receiver.

Feedback Score
    Hey KyPlinker1,
    I like most everything but the "Mag.Well" thingie I sure hope it helps....? Because it sure is Fugly to have on any rifle, IF it doesn't help at all...

Peace Jeff
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 07-20-15 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    RVTMaverick, it is ugly as ****. I ordered it on a whim after having seen it in use by certain guys in Afghanistan. So far the reloads seem a little smoother, but like i said that's really subjective as i haven't timed the. The main positives it has is that it shifts a little more weight to the rear, balancing the gun out even more, and although i don't like using a magwell firing grip, if i am forced to due to an unconventional firing position, it is extremely comfortable.

I think what surprised me the most about this build is how much more comfortable I am with a carbine length system with the short rails. Even though I own a midlength rifle with extended rails, and I know the common view of short rails being inferior, I really prefer this rifle. It has actually turned into my go to gun. Honestly, I believe it's just the familiarity that i already have with the platform.

Feedback Score
    Looks good. Get a KRAM 7.0 for that ACOG though and you'll wonder how you ever shot without it.

Feedback Score
    Double post.
    Last edited by Steve-0-; 07-21-15 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    I just looked at the kram, so I'm understanding that it essentially extends your eye relief while using a buis? If so that's ingenious, I'll have to pick one up. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want to shift the balance back, you can always put lead weights in the pistol grip.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast