Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M4A1 Deployment Clone Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyPlinker1 View Post
    I always wanted to put together a homage of sorts to an issued M4. My issue with that however is that I would hate to spend the money on a gun, and be limited to features that I was "stuck with" due to not being government issued equipment. So, I decided to put a rifle together that was aesthetically similar to my issued rifle, that also incorporates good quality features that are commercially available. Sort of a gun that was similiar to what I was issued, but with features that I would have enjoyed having, if available

Anyway, on to the specs.

Upper
    -BCM 14.5 inch "SOCOM" M4A1 upper with pinned A2X
    -KAC M4 rail
    -Magpul AFG
    -Trijicon TA01 ACOG with Larue Mount
    -KAC Low Profile BUIS

Lower
    -BCM Blem lower
    -BCM gunfighter stock
    -Geissele SSA trigger
    -VCAS sling
    -Arredondo Mag funnel (this was more of a **** it type addition, I haven't timed my reloads but it does seem to be a nice addition so far)

Overall I'm very pleased with it. It handles nicely, and I have put about 700 rounds through it so far with no issues. Shoots nice, and with the TA01 properly zeroed I have made fairly easy 450 yard hits, but I haven't been able to stretch it farther due to range limitations.

Attachment 34249

Looks killer!! I would ditch the gay ass mako magwell range ninja and replace the magpul AFG with a Tango Down QD vert grip.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    If you ditch that Arredondo magwell, I'm your Huckleberry.

Looks great. And I completely understand what you mean about being comfortable with the carbine length rail. It just feels natural after carrying one for so long, right?

Feedback Score
    ^it absolutely does. I have a midlength gun wih all the bells and whistles set up to "modern" standards with an aimpoint h1, but I also have 5 years worth of time carrying a carbine length gun, and 90% of that was with either a ta31 or ta33 acog. It just feels right, but this time I know exactly who put the gun together, and exactly how it's been treated and maintained, unlike a rifle from the arms room which might be completely shot out by the time I sign for it. For whatever reason I'm not a fan of the tango down grips. I like them, and if it's what I had I would run it, but historically I've always used either a magpul afg or an rvg that's been slightly chopped and stippled. The afg has become my preference because it is a little bit easier to negotiate in prone supported/barricade firin the positions, (sandbags, etc...), and it puts my thumb in a natural position to activate a pressure switch for the peq15 on my work gun, which I typically put at the 10 or so in between the rails.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Did you buy the upper receiver group and assembled lower, separately?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    I did. The lower was purchased years ago as a blem complete from gandrtactical, and has hosted various uppers since, the upper was a more recent purchase.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also, buying an upper separate and then a lower and throwing them together does not constitute a custom build.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12