Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Arcus" rifle

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Nice gun, but its SUROS regime. It was changed from Arcus to SUROS.
    Indeed it did! Most people don't know that. I just liked Arcus better lol. Good catch!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    It was inspired by the Video Game Destiny. The Arcus rifle is an rare battle rifle within the game.
    Anybody who knows anything destiny, knows 1, Arcus was never the real name they used and it was only that name during testing, should of kept it at SUROS if you want to be authentic and true to your inspiration, and like the guy before said, should of picked a game WORTHY of making a tribute to not the biggest let down in history due to listening to the masses and catering to them and making the game retardedly easy and no fun for gamers who actually enjoy a challenge
    "People should not be afraid of their Government, Governments should be afraid of the people" - V - V for Vendetta

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E53001 View Post
    Anybody who knows anything destiny, knows 1, Arcus was never the real name they used and it was only that name during testing, should of kept it at SUROS if you want to be authentic and true to your inspiration, and like the bguy below said, should of picked a game WORTHY of making a tribute to not the biggest let down in history due to listenin to the masses and catering to them and making the game retardly easy
    To each their own I suppose. Can't please everyone... Good thing is it shoots as good as it looks and have a member here that can verify that...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That is a seriously wicked rifle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Thanks voodoo! Glad to see a familiar "face"...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Agreed......but isn't the scope mounted too far back? Holy eye relief Batman!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Not everyone likes the charging handle up their nose. It's got an adjustable stock, afterall. Since I've actually shot this rifle, I can tell you the eye relief is fine.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Totally depends on the user.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting rifle but until you explain why you chose the components used in this rifle and what role you expect it to fulfill (as per the rules of this sub-forum), this is nothing more than a FB "look what I did- ain't I special?" post and belongs in the AR picture thread
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-31-15 at 10:30.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Interesting rifle but until you explain why you chose the components used in this rifle and what role you expect it to fulfill (as per the rules of this sub-forum), this is nothing more than a FB "look what I did- ain't I special?" post and belongs in the AR picture thread
    This was build as a 16" gun that to could use to run drills with when a 16" rifle was warranted. The place I train at has several type of classes and each class is designed around a particular "style" of rifle (IE 16" for standard fire team within 100 yards, 18"-20" rifles for long range, SBR for CQB) I have several rifles but at the time I had gotten rid only my 16" and then decided I wanted another.

The parts were picked as I wanted a build that was around 7 lbs. I don't want to say a LW build as there are far better parts for that but did want a lighter than average rifle. This rifle balances very well and it also shoulders and falls in line with my natural throw perfectly, which really helps when running drills. As I stated this is a 100 yard gun so that's why it has a 1-4 scope. I have run RDS's. But wanted a scope this go around. I have also benched this gun and was able to hit steel consistently at 550 yards as did slippers that day.

Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it can't have a purpose and perform. I have plenty of those scary black rifles and I wanted something different that no one else had. This definitely isn't for everyone but most do enjoy it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12