KAK Shockwave Package – Black
    Forearm Brace
    Buffer Tube
    Buffer Spring
    Buffer
    KAK QD End Plate

Those are the major components.

Comments about the build:

I bought the Spikes Tactical Lower on an impulse. They had a Fourth of July sale and laser engraved Stars-and-Bars on the right side for free. This sale coincided with all the controversy over the flag, and it was a “What the heck – buy one!” When it came in, I thought “Now what do I do with it?”. I don’t have an AR Pistol, so I built one.

Admins: If you receive any complaints, please let me know and I will pull the right side photos.

I should have purchased the BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 1 instead of the Mod 3. The Rainier Modified Trigger Guard protrudes slightly below the rear receiver trigger guard “ears” and the gap filler on the Mod 3 Pistol Grip would not allow the grip to fully seat. Exacto-Knife fixed the problem.

Mixed emotions on the Oden Extended Mag Release when using KNS dog bones. I had to back the mag release button out two turns before the “paddle” would clear and release magazines. Perfectly functional, but I would have thought Odin Works would have relieved the paddle slightly in anticipation of users with KNS pins.

I was surprised to see the KAK QD End Plate had the center tip ground off. Their standard end plate did not have that done. This made centering the buffer tube a trial and error as tightening the castle nut tended to twist the buffer tube. I will be replacing the KAK QD with a Bravo Company QD End Plate.

The pistol passed function check and I am looking forward to some range time to zero the Troy irons and the Vortex RDS.

It rained parts for a few days ...

The Upper and Lower receivers were a pretty good match

The final assembly looked pretty good

The AAC Suppressor completes the package

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    223 Wylde Pistol Build

Upper:
    Shilen Stainless 8.5” 223 Wylde Ultra-Match 1:8 twist
    Rainier Ultra Match Billet Upper – Mod 2
    AAC Brakeout 2 Suppressor Mount
    Rainier Avalanche Charging Handle
    Rainier Ultra Match BCG - NIB
    Syrac Ordnance .750 Adjustable Gas Block – pinned
    Pistol length gas tube
    BCM Gunfighter KMR 7”
    BCM KeyMod Rail Panels - black
    Arisaka Finger Stop - KeyMod
    Troy Folding Battle Sights
    Vortex SPARC-II RDS

Lower:
    Spikes Tactical Spartan Forged Lower – Multi-Cal
    HiperFire HiperTouch EDT Trigger – used the 4.5 pound spring
    KNS Anti-Rotation Pins – Mod 2
    Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release
    Rainier Arms Modified Trigger Guard – Red
    Odin Extended Mag Release – Red
    BAD Ambi-Safery – Red
    BAD Enhanced Take-down and Pivot pins – Titanium
    BCM Gunfighter Grip – Mod 3
    KAK Shockwave Package – Black
    Forearm Brace
    Buffer Tube
    Buffer Spring
    Buffer
    KAK QD End Plate

Those are the major components.

Comments about the build:

I bought the Spikes Tactical Lower on an impulse. They had a Fourth of July sale and laser engraved Stars-and-Bars on the right side for free. This sale coincided with all the controversy over the flag, and it was a “What the heck – buy one!” When it came in, I thought “Now what do I do with it?”. I don’t have an AR Pistol, so I built one.

Admins: If you receive any complaints, please let me know and I will pull the right side photos.

I should have purchased the BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 1 instead of the Mod 3. The Rainier Modified Trigger Guard protrudes slightly below the rear receiver trigger guard “ears” and the gap filler on the Mod 3 Pistol Grip would not allow the grip to fully seat. Exacto-Knife fixed the problem.

Mixed emotions on the Oden Extended Mag Release when using KNS dog bones. I had to back the mag release button out two turns before the “paddle” would clear and release magazines. Perfectly functional, but I would have thought Odin Works would have relieved the paddle slightly in anticipation of users with KNS pins.

I was surprised to see the KAK QD End Plate had the center tip ground off. Their standard end plate did not have that done. This made centering the buffer tube a trial and error as tightening the castle nut tended to twist the buffer tube. I will be replacing the KAK QD with a Bravo Company QD End Plate.

The pistol passed function check and I am looking forward to some range time to zero the Troy irons and the Vortex RDS.

It rained parts for a few days ...

The Upper and Lower receivers were a pretty good match

The final assembly looked pretty good

The AAC Suppressor completes the package

this gun sure is tricked out but my favorite part of the whole gun is the flag on the lower.

NICE
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Toecheese; 07-22-15 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nice!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    ...Mixed emotions on the Oden Extended Mag Release when using KNS dog bones. I had to back the mag release button out two turns before the “paddle” would clear and release magazines. Perfectly functional, but I would have thought Odin Works would have relieved the paddle slightly in anticipation of users with KNS pins...
    Most consider KNS pins to be useless. Why make clearance for a doodad your customers aren't going to use?

Very nicely done. I particularly like that you set it up for a suppressor right out of the gate
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are useless unless your pins walk on you......which has happened although unlikely. I tried running the older variant of the Odin extended mag release and it had way too much wobble. I chalk it up to another gadget designed to do nothing other than take our money, and a "fix" to a completely unnecessary issue (standard mag release).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    I chalk it up to another gadget designed to do nothing other than take our money, and a "fix" to a completely unnecessary issue (standard mag release).

Unless you are missing some of your right index finger like me, then it is the greatest thing ever made.....