Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BCM 14.5" UPPER w/ PERM. A2 Style F/H -vs- Specialized Armament ( Ken Elmore ) ?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Im quite fond of the 14. 5" w permanently attached muzzle device. Assuming you methodically plan your build (put some thought into your rail and muzzle device etc.), there's very little downside. Generally speaking, the perm. attached 14.5" rig is only about a quarter of an inch longer than a legit 14.5" rig (so you do save a measurable amount of weight and length when compared to a 16"). All things being equal, there is no difference in accuracy between a 14.5" and a 16" barrel. The 14.5 is going to lose a tiny bit of velocity when compared to a 16", but the two rigs are going to manifest approximately equivalent lethality out to about 125 yrds. Regarding the 14.5 w perm. FH, I like that I don't have to beg the government for permission and then turn around and throw them 200 bucks etc. Do some research on muzzle devices and think long and hard about the purpose of the rifle you are building. As far as choosing between the options the OP listed, id probably go with the BCM upper with an appropriate permanently attached muzzle device. You need to particularly consider blast and sound pressure level of your muzzle device since this gun is going to be a HD gun. I've never used ADCO, but I was less than ecstatic with SAW.

Side note: I have a Colt 6921 upper w/ perm. A2X (bcm) flash hider. The upper sits on a 6920 lower that has a A5/bcm intermediate receiver extension installed. I love the rig and have no desire to change anything. That said, any reason why you (OP) don't want to look into a BCM 14.5 middy? Personally, I love em. Best of luck!
    Last edited by joeyjoe; 07-24-15 at 22:31.

Feedback Score
    I have a bcm KMR upper with a 14.5" barrel with a permanently attached Surefire MB556K. I absolutely love it. I don't switch muzzle devices so the pinned break does not bother me and I like the reduced overall length. BCM makes a great product and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another rifle from them, as a matter of fact I plan on doing just that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234