Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK6 vs VCOG

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Leupold uses a fiber optic cable to bring the illumination to the reticle, thus the reason only the dot (end of fiber cable) is illuminated.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I never use the illumination on the MK6 in the day, and with the CMR-W reticle it works fine. I have to have it at around 1.5x though.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    USO got around the problem by having an aimpoint style dot in the SFP, and thus has high battery life AND a daylight visible dot. I think Leupold does that too with their firedot, right?
    I vaguely remember the USO advertising like 10,000 hour life, but then reading somewhere else it's not a 10,000 hour life on one battery, that's the expected life of the illumination overall before it burns out, battery life was 100 hours and who knows on what setting. I may be wrong about the battery life, but I lacked the ambition to look further as the USO's had too many other negatives for me to consider (small eye box, tiny field of view, distorted glass). I have no idea about the firedot's battery life but I really do doubt it's much better. Best bet with any LPV is to bulk buy CR2032 and carry an extra battery or two and change batteries often.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a MK6 and have handled a VCOG. As stated MK6 battery life is not great, but with the CMR-W reticle it is usable 25 yards and closer. I'm not as fast with it compared to an Aimpoint but that was a trade off I was willing to accept. The VCOG I handled was a let down. It was a demo model and I didn't get to shoot it but didn't do anything better then the MK6 other then using an AA battery. As others have identified the eye box is poor and its heavy.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Thanks to all for the info, I just went for a good deal on the MK6, hopefully it will be good to go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On the subject of fire dot illumination, it works really well. I'm about a year and a half on the same battery. I run the rifle 2-5 hours a month usually. Sometimes a bit more on shoot days with friends. If it's dimmer than new I can't tell. It's still daylight bright. It's been pretty impressive that way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    Thanks to all for the info, I just went for a good deal on the MK6, hopefully it will be good to go.
    Let us know what you think of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12