Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Feedback Score

KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

I was getting ready to drop some coin on a SilencerCo Saker 762 and 556K. However, the KAC QDC line of suppressors are starting to finally hit the shelves; KAC has been catching up with agency orders for 2 years. Unfortunately, there is not much out there on the new KAC in terms of independent testing.

I need 2 suppressors for my 10.5" SBRs which are my home defense and vehicle guns. I will also need the 762 for my MWS and SCAR-17 which are set up for ranges between 50-500 meters. If I go the Saker route, the 762 would serve double duty as a 556 can and save me from having to buy a dedicated 762 suppressor since KAC uses caliber-specific mounting platforms. Because I'm using the 556 cans for home defense, I want to know if the KAC QDC full-size is louder than advertised (-29 dB). I'll probably put the 556 QDC/CQB can on the SBR that rides in my vehicle - it does not get shot indoors so I just want it to take the tooth rattle out of the u suppressed 556 SBR shot. I do not care too much about dB rating for the 762 guns since they are outdoor medium range guns; I mainly want little to no POI shift for distance shooting.

Both the Saker Trifecta MAAD and KAC QDC mounts seem solid on paper. However, I watched a Trifecta get stuck on a barrel a few months ago. We got it off after 10 min of fiddle-farting with it. Perhaps the mount is too solid as I'm seeing similar reports with hot barrels. I have no personal experience with the KAC QDC.

The POI for both KAC and Saker is reported to be minimal and consistent. The Saker at the range shifted very little to the right after we put it on; I've never seen a KAC to comment, but the few internet reports seem reasonable.

Size and weight are virtually identical between the Saker and KAC QDC lines except for the uber small KAC CQB. Both 556 full-size models are about 6.5" and 18 oz., and the 762's are 7.5" (within 1 oz of each other near the 20 oz mark). While I've never dissected a KAC suppressor, I trust that both are built to high standards.

Price is $300 more per can for the KAC, but I'll need to buy a third can for 762 if I go with KAC use since their 762 cans cannot be put on 556 flash hiders. This is not a huge deal.

The big question is how does KAC do in terms of suppression and gas blow back with their 556 cans? SF has a reputation of being a tight lock-up (if you do it correctly) and little POI shift, but about 5-10 dB louder than the Saker or Omega. This is significant and very noticeable to anyone who has shot a Saker and SF SOCOM next to each othe because it is really crossing that 140 dB threshold that makes my ears ring. Is the KAC QDC also a good bit louder than the SilencerCo offerings? While I'm not interested in chasing a couple of decibels of performance below 140, more than 5 or 6 is very significant to hearing damage when you cross that 140 dB threshold indoors.

I've considered other offerings from Rugged, Thunderbeast, et al and found them lacking for my uses.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    I was 90% sold on KAC... but they took soooo long to get them out, and I still can't find a MAMS anywhere. Ended up going with a SOCOM 556RC and a 762RC for my MR556 and Scar17. I'm damn sure they're going to be similar in performance, but for the price of one KAC Suppressor, I pretty much got two Surefire SOCOM suppressors with the sale ArmsUnlimited is having. I'm just surprised at myself that I'm not buying multiple.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, there is no rifle suppressor currently available on the commercial market that can as properly as possible maintain the balance of sound reduction, repeated POI shifts, reduction in action speed, weight, blowback, etc other than KAC QDC line. Others are out there, but I don't believe they balance factors as well. I've been running the entire line of QDC cans for a while. They may not be the best compared to a particular attribute, but the balance of them has been outstanding. Using all the major brands, there may be some choices that are more affordable with a sacrifice in some way, that depends on the user. Overall, the new line of KAC cans are a pinnacle of what is available commercially at this time.

Feedback Score
    While the cans did take some time, I am satisfied by the results, October of '13 is when I was invoiced. I did hope that they would've been out before that, but I am very pleased in how they perform.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I decided to go Knights QDC and QDC/CQB for my 556 needs based upon tom's recommendation. He owns all four of both KAC's and Surefire's offerings IiRC, not common to find this amoung recommendations... Then because of lack availability and since I did not already own several 762 QDC mounting devices like I did in 556 I went Surefire SOCOM 762 for my longish range MWS setup over the Saker because of its reputation for solid lock up, minimal POI shift and minimal blowback with a heavily gassed .308.

Did you see SilencerShop now sells Knight's line? They have been a dealer distributor for a long time but never sold the cans until now, only thing is I paid less for both QDC cans then they listed them for and mine came with QDC flash hiders.should be any day now the forms clear.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Did you see SilencerShop now sells Knight's line? They have been a dealer distributor for a long time but never sold the cans until now, only thing is I paid less for both QDC cans then they listed them for and mine came with QDC flash hiders.should be any day now the forms clear.
    Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I decided to go Knights QDC and QDC/CQB for my 556 needs based upon tom's recommendation. He owns all four of both KAC's and Surefire's offerings IiRC, not common to find this amoung recommendations... Then because of lack availability and since I did not already own several 762 QDC mounting devices like I did in 556 I went Surefire SOCOM 762 for my longish range MWS setup over the Saker because of its reputation for solid lock up, minimal POI shift and minimal blowback with a heavily gassed .308.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?
    Yes, do tell. I just placed an order for a FDE 556 QDC. I'm about to buy a black 556 QDC/CQB unless you've got a source better than $1400. I'm also on the waiting list for a black 762 CQD.

I bet the Form 1's for my SCAR-16 and Knight's IWS/LMT MRP hybrid will be approved along with these suppressors at around the same time near Christmas. This will be a very fun Holiday Season...especially the "Knight" before Christmas when I put the rifles with suppressors under the tree.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    In my opinion, there is no rifle suppressor currently available on the commercial market that can as properly as possible maintain the balance of sound reduction, repeated POI shifts, reduction in action speed, weight, blowback, etc other than KAC QDC line. Others are out there, but I don't believe they balance factors as well. I've been running the entire line of QDC cans for a while. They may not be the best compared to a particular attribute, but the balance of them has been outstanding. Using all the major brands, there may be some choices that are more affordable with a sacrifice in some way, that depends on the user. Overall, the new line of KAC cans are a pinnacle of what is available commercially at this time.
    Are the KAC QDC/CQB cans really that much better than the SOCOM RC/Mini? I've been happy with the performance of my RC/Minis but I still have my eye on the KAC/QDC & CQB cans...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/...ppresor-black/

$1350 at the time w/ flashhider, w/o tax it was a deal even with a transfer.
    The cqb I found on gun broker local for the same price but w/ tax it about equaled out.

Here is a deal:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=494878162

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    . The big question is how does KAC do in terms of suppression and gas blow back with their 556 cans? SF has a reputation of being a tight lock-up (if you do it correctly) and little POI shift, but about 5-10 dB louder than the Saker or Omega. This is significant and very noticeable to anyone who has shot a Saker and SF SOCOM next to each othe because it is really crossing that 140 dB threshold that makes my ears ring. Is the KAC QDC also a good bit louder than the SilencerCo offerings? While I'm not interested in chasing a couple of decibels of performance below 140, more than 5 or 6 is very significant to hearing damage when you cross that 140 dB threshold indoors.
    I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but the only real difference is the SOCOM does have some FRP, other than that, Db reduction differences are negligible and the SOCOM is shorter and lighter.

http://youtu.be/a_LuHzfzYtc

10" 5.56 unsuppressed averaged 167.9, Saker averaged 137.9 at muzzle and 149.5 at ear, Surefire SOCOM measured 139.2 at muzzle (FRP brought the average up, negligible difference past the first shot), 149.8 at ear. Saker did a little better on the 16" rifle, but honestly, who suppresses a 16" AR anyway?

I will also say this, I know Tom prefers the KAC (I'm a fan of KAC in general) but my SOCOM's haven't even bad at all with blowback (nothing scientific here) and the RC on my 11.5 KAC upper & Mini on 14.5 KAC upper have had negligible POI shift (I can't tell a difference at 100 yards).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast