Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Nice looking setup, but isn't that MAMS rather intense on that short of a barrel?
    I like them on 13.5"-16" barrels, 12.5" isn't terrible, pretty rough an a 11.5".
    I don't even like standing next to it on my 14.5", but it works!

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    For some odd reason, I felt the MAMS was less intense on my 11.5 and more so on my 14.5. I could have just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day or something, but I do love the MAMS on an 11.5. Especially taking a carbine class. Never had a complaint or even a negative comment. Using my surefire brake equipped 11.5, it never fails.. always someone hating.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice looking setup, but isn't that MAMS rather intense on that short of a barrel?
    I like them on 13.5"-16" barrels, 12.5" isn't terrible, pretty rough an a 11.5".
    Yup, I zeroed the barrel and promptly reinstalled the 14". It looks pretty cool at dusk, but it rattles your fillings with double ear pro.

Feedback Score
    I was thinking of getting a LMT .308 and cutting it down to 14.5 with MAMS. Do you think it would be too much for my 7.62 QDC can? I already run it on my 16" SR25 ec in a DMR role but the idea of .308 14.5 suppressed battle rifle seems appealing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556sniper View Post
    I was thinking of getting a LMT .308 and cutting it down to 14.5 with MAMS. Do you think it would be too much for my 7.62 QDC can? I already run it on my 16" SR25 ec in a DMR role but the idea of .308 14.5 suppressed battle rifle seems appealing.
    I suggest that you call KAC. I spoke to their sales associate a couple days ago about running a QDC on a 10" SCAR barrel using a MAMS. They gave me the thumbs up but suggested that I not use long strings of full auto fire. They also implied some changes may be afoot with the MAMS brake to strengthen it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    This is good news. I will def call KAC as well and see what they say before I buy/build anything. I didnt plan on doing crazy mag dumps or heavy firing anyway. The last thing I want to do is destroy the can! I might hold off until the reinforced MAMS is available, this sounds like it would work better on a shortened barrel setup. Thanks for the input Sensei

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I spoke with KAC sales and and they said that I should be good to go with the 10" SCAR barrel using their 3-prong flashhider. They only foresaw a problem with large volumes of automatic fire. At the same time I was talking to sales, Jack Leuba sent me this message:

SilencerShop had different info, but I'd go with these direct sources over a distributor.

I'm going to go ahead and finish pulling the trigger on these KAC suppressors. The reality of the situation is that I'm a civilian now which means that I'm very unlikely to put a volume or rate of fire through any suppressor that would cause a problem. Also, I've never had a problem with KAC in the past, and I'm sure they will back their product if there was an issue.
    That still isn't a warranty level level of assurance. With all the "it should be good to go..", and caveats with respect to rates of fire, coupled with the virtually $2000 price (can + mount), there are simply better options out there. I'll take two Sakers every time (with warranties and muzzle devices). No brainer.

If performance is commensurate with the price, fine, but this doesn't sound like the case here. I've found that it seldom is with KAC. Man jewlery, pure and simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    That still isn't a warranty level level of assurance. With all the "it should be good to go..", and caveats with respect to rates of fire, coupled with the virtually $2000 price (can + mount), there are simply better options out there. I'll take two Sakers every time (with warranties and muzzle devices). No brainer.

If performance is commensurate with the price, fine, but this doesn't sound like the case here. I've found that it seldom is with KAC. Man jewlery, pure and simple.

I'm not so sure I would classify KAC like that.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm not so sure I would classify KAC like that.
    I can't say I disagree with the prior posts assessment. I love the system of attachment, but the materials and advertised baffle durability do not give confidence in relation to the monumental price tag.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I can't say I disagree with the prior posts assessment. I love the system of attachment, but the materials and advertised baffle durability do not give confidence in relation to the monumental price tag.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Could you clarify what you mean by advertised baffle durability? The reason why I ask is there is no advertised durability or warranty limitations for the 556 QDC that I could find on KAC's website or brochures. This, coupled with the the fact that 2 separate KAC reps other than Jack have told me that Uncle Sam has plenty of these on 10.5" MK18s without issue, leads me to think that the QDC line has demonstrated to be the equal of the Saker in terms of durability. KAC has said that they will stand behind anything that I can do to the guns with a 10" barrel and they did not care if I used a FH or MAMS (I'm unsure if the MAMS provides any additional protection to the blast baffle). I guess that I'll know this for sure in about 6 months as I now have multiple KAC QDCs, a Saker, and an Omega in-bound.

As for paying $2000 for a KAC can and mount, there are QDC package deals for a suppressor and 3 prong FH floating around for about $1,400. Even if you go with a QDC and MAMS you should be paying around $1750. I went with the QDC because I have a few KAC uppers that already had the FH. Thus, the economics was clearly pushing me in the direction of KAC for my 556 guns. I'm not nearly as invested in KAC 308s, so the Saker and Omega made perfect sense for the 30 caliber children.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-30-15 at 20:22.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast