Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but the only real difference is the SOCOM does have some FRP, other than that, Db reduction differences are negligible and the SOCOM is shorter and lighter.

http://youtu.be/a_LuHzfzYtc

10" 5.56 unsuppressed averaged 167.9, Saker averaged 137.9 at muzzle and 149.5 at ear, Surefire SOCOM measured 139.2 at muzzle (FRP brought the average up, negligible difference past the first shot), 149.8 at ear. Saker did a little better on the 16" rifle, but honestly, who suppresses a 16" AR anyway?

I will also say this, I know Tom prefers the KAC (I'm a fan of KAC in general) but my SOCOM's haven't even bad at all with blowback (nothing scientific here) and the RC on my 11.5 KAC upper & Mini on 14.5 KAC upper have had negligible POI shift (I can't tell a difference at 100 yards).
    I was referencing a test done by MAC in conjunction with SilencerShop. I seem to recall the Omega being in the low 130's with a 556 end cap. The SF was about 140 as I recall.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I was referencing a test done by MAC in conjunction with SilencerShop. I seem to recall the Omega being in the low 130's with a 556 end cap. The SF was about 140 as I recall.
    I'd take the MAC with a grain of salt, Silencer Shop has more experience testing and tested SOCOM & Saker head to head on the same 10.5" host, a much more relevant test IMO. Omega & Saker look like rock stars on a 16" barrel, but don't really stand out on short barrels where 99% of people will be using them. In the SS test ejection pattern from the SOCOM looked better than the Sakee as well.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyway congrats on the KAC cans, looking forward to pics. I don't think I've seen a KAC CQB on a SCAR 16s CQC yet...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Anyway congrats on the KAC cans, looking forward to pics. I don't think I've seen a KAC CQB on a SCAR 16s CQC yet...
    End-of-year goals...

Feedback Score
    I spoke with KAC sales and and they said that I should be good to go with the 10" SCAR barrel using their 3-prong flashhider. They only foresaw a problem with large volumes of automatic fire. At the same time I was talking to sales, Jack Leuba sent me this message:
    We have not tested the suppressor on 10" SCARs, but I cannot see that they would be an issue. The cans have a very healthy blast baffle. The only thing I would be watching for is growth in the muzzle device ball recesses, and that would be for the first 250 rounds or so.
    SilencerShop had different info, but I'd go with these direct sources over a distributor.

I'm going to go ahead and finish pulling the trigger on these KAC suppressors. The reality of the situation is that I'm a civilian now which means that I'm very unlikely to put a volume or rate of fire through any suppressor that would cause a problem. Also, I've never had a problem with KAC in the past, and I'm sure they will back their product if there was an issue.

Feedback Score
    I personally know of a few 10.3'-10.5" 5.56 ARs with pretty high round counts that are only shot suppressed with the 5.56 QDC and 5.56 QDC/CQB cans without issues. I would expect similar results in the SCAR unless the added forward force/shock of the SCAR carrier going into battery could come into play.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Its been my plan for a few years as well, I just never have the money for the can, it always goes towards something else. My gun is patiently waiting...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Its been my plan for a few years as well, I just never have the money for the can, it always goes towards something else. My gun is patiently waiting...

Looks sweet, it's begging for a KAC QDC CQB FDE 556! Sensei might beat you to the punch though if his stamp comes back first, but both you guys have me beat, I went with a Saker K still in NFA jail For mine.

Feedback Score
    Looks sweet, it's begging for a KAC QDC CQB FDE 556! Sensei might beat you to the punch though if his stamp comes back first, but both you guys have me beat, I went with a Saker K still in NFA jail For mine.
    I ordered a FDE QDC from Boltcarrier.com and a black QDC/CQB from SilencerShop. The FDE CQD with share duty on the SCAR and a Noveske FDE SPR. The black QDC/CQB with ride shotgun on a 10.5" KAC IWS/LMT hybrid and a couple of other builds. I literally can't wait. Maybe the shop will allow me to have a conjugal visit?
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-25-15 at 03:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post

Nice looking setup, but isn't that MAMS rather intense on that short of a barrel?
    I like them on 13.5"-16" barrels, 12.5" isn't terrible, pretty rough an a 11.5".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast