Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Feedback Score
    Well, I thought that it's time to finally update this thread. I've got about 4 months and 1000 rounds or so behind two KAC cans - a QDC and a CQD CQB. Most of the time has been spent on a 14.5" SCAR 16s (barrel cut by Nefarious Arms) and an 11.5" BCM lightweight upper. I've also shot the QDC CQB on a 11.5" SR-15 upper a few times.

Needless to say I'm happy. The lock-up is rock solid. POI shift is less than 1" down at 100 yards (if it's really there at all) with the CQB on the SCAR which is equipped with a VCOG. I don't detect any POI shift with the shorter CQB version on any of my 11.5" uppers, but all of those uppers are wearing Aimpoint T1s or T2s which are not really able to detect fine changes in POI.

GTF is minimal - there is a slight puff but nothing like what I'm getting with a recently acquired SF SOCOM 300SPS.

As for sound reduction, the full size sounds like every other 556 can that I've used. It's a little loud probably due to the supersonic crack that makes my ears ring a little without ear pro. However, I experience this with EVERY 556 can that I've shot. The CQB version is definitely not hearing safe, but it definitely mitigates some of the head rattle when I fire it inside of a room.

Anywho, they are not cheap. However, they are very nice. I give them a solid A for lock-up and POI shift, a B+ for GTF and weight/size, and a C for noise reduction.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Question, what does GTF stand for?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Ahh. Got it. Thanks for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Well, I thought that it's time to finally update this thread. I've got about 4 months and 1000 rounds or so behind two KAC cans - a QDC and a CQD CQB. Most of the time has been spent on a 14.5" SCAR 16s (barrel cut by Nefarious Arms) and an 11.5" BCM lightweight upper. I've also shot the QDC CQB on a 11.5" SR-15 upper a few times.

Needless to say I'm happy. The lock-up is rock solid. POI shift is less than 1" down at 100 yards (if it's really there at all) with the CQB on the SCAR which is equipped with a VCOG. I don't detect any POI shift with the shorter CQB version on any of my 11.5" uppers, but all of those uppers are wearing Aimpoint T1s or T2s which are not really able to detect fine changes in POI.

GTF is minimal - there is a slight puff but nothing like what I'm getting with a recently acquired SF SOCOM 300SPS.

As for sound reduction, the full size sounds like every other 556 can that I've used. It's a little loud probably due to the supersonic crack that makes my ears ring a little without ear pro. However, I experience this with EVERY 556 can that I've shot. The CQB version is definitely not hearing safe, but it definitely mitigates some of the head rattle when I fire it inside of a room.

Anywho, they are not cheap. However, they are very nice. I give them a solid A for lock-up and POI shift, a B+ for GTF and weight/size, and a C for noise reduction.
    Is it easy to take the can off after a high round count or does the carbon cause the can to stick?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Is it easy to take the can off after a high round count or does the carbon cause the can to stick?
    So far so good. I've taken it off a couple of times so the most rounds that I've put thru it in one sitting is about 300-400. I spray the inside with CLP before each range session and run a nylon brush (came with my SF cans) through the baffles which seems to be sufficient.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-03-16 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    My would stick after a good 500 rounds through it. After I started using Fireclean on my muzzle device and the ball bearings / attachment surface area, I can pull the can off pretty easily after even a heaver firing schedule.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would love to do side by side with these premium cans vs my M42K cans. For my 10.5 builds they seem hard to beat. Running aim points and CQB work, I just wonder if the coin is justified.

Let me clarify, if it's your gun, your money and it makes you happy, it's worth it. I just bought two more M42k cans for $600 each for 10.3 guns. I know I won't regret it. However, I do love great stuff and would like to bust some rounds through a KAC can. Maybe someday? I just usually buy what my LGS has in stock since AZ has pretty good inventory on average. Interesting thread.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I would love to do side by side with these premium cans vs my M42K cans. For my 10.5 builds they seem hard to beat. Running aim points and CQB work, I just wonder if the coin is justified.

Let me clarify, if it's your gun, your money and it makes you happy, it's worth it. I just bought two more M42k cans for $600 each for 10.3 guns. I know I won't regret it. However, I do love great stuff and would like to bust some rounds through a KAC can. Maybe someday? I just usually buy what my LGS has in stock since AZ has pretty good inventory on average. Interesting thread.

PB
    There have been a few head-to-heads done on YouTube by MAC and SilencerShop.

For me, the decision to get a couple KAC cans was STRONGLY influenced by the fact that I have 5 KAC uppers with KAC QDC muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    Haha Sensei it would have COST you money to buy any other can instead of Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I would love to do side by side with these premium cans vs my M42K cans.
    Everyone is looking for different things. But the M42K is quiet at the muzzle and certainly is a premium can for someone desiring that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast