Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Feedback Score
    I have many cans from many manufacturers beyond KAC, Surefire, AAC. I do like those offerings and others, just really depends on what part of a "compromise" that's preferable at the time. Cans do so much, but many only concentrate on a few of those attributes. None of the big 3 in cans are bad, they just each have their own balance in features. There's others on the market, I have a few in hand, I have a few waiting still.
    A can doesn't need to be the least loud to be better if it is lesser in other areas. Look at all what a can may add to a system, good and/or bad. So many do not look at cyclic rate increases and blowback that are not mutually the same. Mounting repeatability and POI repeatability can be well with most, but I always prefer to mount a QD can now muzzle up to not add other influences on most QD options. Weight with OAL can go on and on, there's many more possible variables when a can is involved.
    Many times I end up preferring myself a louder can that is compact, doesn't hurt reliability or function in use, repeatable enough for my precision requirement, etc.. Compare that to a quieter can that cycles excessively high that may hurt reliability or that has inconsistent POI changes. Those products are out there, trust more than me on this.
    There's a smaller/ fewer applications that I would chase the db and tone for only a select few over others. They are very much in the minority role.
    Unfortunately, you really can't tell much from videos. They are not the same for analysis for most. They can mislead all too easy.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    There have been a few head-to-heads done on YouTube by MAC and SilencerShop.

For me, the decision to get a couple KAC cans was STRONGLY influenced by the fact that I have 5 KAC uppers with KAC QDC muzzle devices.
    I would have surely done the same. I owned a SR15 and it was a fine piece. Obama cost me that one. Made it far too valuable. Congrats on your fine weapon systems. Post some pics if the spirit moves you.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456