I was getting ready to drop some coin on a SilencerCo Saker 762 and 556K. However, the KAC QDC line of suppressors are starting to finally hit the shelves; KAC has been catching up with agency orders for 2 years. Unfortunately, there is not much out there on the new KAC in terms of independent testing.

I need 2 suppressors for my 10.5" SBRs which are my home defense and vehicle guns. I will also need the 762 for my MWS and SCAR-17 which are set up for ranges between 50-500 meters. If I go the Saker route, the 762 would serve double duty as a 556 can and save me from having to buy a dedicated 762 suppressor since KAC uses caliber-specific mounting platforms. Because I'm using the 556 cans for home defense, I want to know if the KAC QDC full-size is louder than advertised (-29 dB). I'll probably put the 556 QDC/CQB can on the SBR that rides in my vehicle - it does not get shot indoors so I just want it to take the tooth rattle out of the u suppressed 556 SBR shot. I do not care too much about dB rating for the 762 guns since they are outdoor medium range guns; I mainly want little to no POI shift for distance shooting.

Both the Saker Trifecta MAAD and KAC QDC mounts seem solid on paper. However, I watched a Trifecta get stuck on a barrel a few months ago. We got it off after 10 min of fiddle-farting with it. Perhaps the mount is too solid as I'm seeing similar reports with hot barrels. I have no personal experience with the KAC QDC.

The POI for both KAC and Saker is reported to be minimal and consistent. The Saker at the range shifted very little to the right after we put it on; I've never seen a KAC to comment, but the few internet reports seem reasonable.

Size and weight are virtually identical between the Saker and KAC QDC lines except for the uber small KAC CQB. Both 556 full-size models are about 6.5" and 18 oz., and the 762's are 7.5" (within 1 oz of each other near the 20 oz mark). While I've never dissected a KAC suppressor, I trust that both are built to high standards.

Price is $300 more per can for the KAC, but I'll need to buy a third can for 762 if I go with KAC use since their 762 cans cannot be put on 556 flash hiders. This is not a huge deal.

The big question is how does KAC do in terms of suppression and gas blow back with their 556 cans? SF has a reputation of being a tight lock-up (if you do it correctly) and little POI shift, but about 5-10 dB louder than the Saker or Omega. This is significant and very noticeable to anyone who has shot a Saker and SF SOCOM next to each othe because it is really crossing that 140 dB threshold that makes my ears ring. Is the KAC QDC also a good bit louder than the SilencerCo offerings? While I'm not interested in chasing a couple of decibels of performance below 140, more than 5 or 6 is very significant to hearing damage when you cross that 140 dB threshold indoors.

I've considered other offerings from Rugged, Thunderbeast, et al and found them lacking for my uses.