Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I liked my P320 so much I ordered a new P250!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Larry.....I think the consensus is that the P250 is a turd and the P320 is a completely different animal.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Thanks Larry.....I think the consensus is that the P250 is a turd and the P320 is a completely different animal.
    Define "turd." The Gen1 P250's had serious problems and would well deserve the moniker "turd" IMHO. However, the Gen2 has been unfairly painted w/the Gen1's brush. I've owned several P250's and all have been reliable & accurate. If you don't like or can't handle a DAO trigger then the P250 isn't for you. However, a DAO trigger doesn't make it a "turd."
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    Define "turd." The Gen1 P250's had serious problems and would well deserve the moniker "turd" IMHO. However, the Gen2 has been unfairly painted w/the Gen1's brush. I've owned several P250's and all have been reliable & accurate. If you don't like or can't handle a DAO trigger then the P250 isn't for you. However, a DAO trigger doesn't make it a "turd."
    Tomac
    Why would you own "several" P250's? Just curious, not trying to deuche canoe.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Why would you own "several" P250's? Just curious, not trying to deuche canoe.
    I always own several of my primary SD/EDC handgun. I currently use 3 P320's in rotation; one for training/backup, one for nightstand duty and one for EDC. This allows me to spread out the wear, ensure fresh lube and identify/rectify problems during the training segment before it rotates to EDC.
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    The P250 may in fact be a better gun now but life ain't fair and many times flawed designs don't get second chances - with as many good handgun options on the market today why should we all stop what we are doing and give SIG a second chance on a gun that had major fleas from the start ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the P320 addressed many of the concerns about the P250, and is the evolution of the product line. I personally would regard the P250 as a big step backwards.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
    So, I've been shooting a P320 in 9MM for a couple months now and love it. It is the gun with which I'm most accurate and I love the handling, factory sights and reliability.

Just ordered a new P250 in .40 and can't wait to try it out. Will be interesting to see if the DAO trigger is as good as I've read about.
    If it's the 320 you like, why didn't you just buy another 320 in .40 instead of the 250?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    The P250 may in fact be a better gun now but life ain't fair and many times flawed designs don't get second chances - with as many good handgun options on the market today why should we all stop what we are doing and give SIG a second chance on a gun that had major fleas from the start ?
    Um.... Good reviews on the Gen 2, great price, similar fit and size to the P320, DAO preference if applicable, comfort level with the brand/service?
    Last edited by FishTaco; 07-29-15 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    If it's the 320 you like, why didn't you just buy another 320 in .40 instead of the 250?
    It's quite a bit cheaper, which is nice right now, and I would prefer DAO or DA/SA for home defense use if it ends up replacing a G22 for that purpose. I certainly considered another P320 in .40 or an SP2022, also in .40, although I prefer the longer barrel for home use

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have personally witnessed two 250s on separate occasions failing to fire. You could pull the trigger till it stopped on the frame and it never fully actuated the hammer, so it never fell.

I would never own a 250 after seeing that.

The 320 is however a completely different animal.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast