Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Noveske's are incredibly nice rifles. I would look at the Gen 2's before going to the Gen 3's though, personally. I am a Noveske fanboy, but in all honesty you can get a DD or a BCM that will do just about everything the Infidel will for much less. Unless you are completely hung up on looks and that's what matters to you. Any would work though for "grab it, get in the stack, ex breach a door and drive it thru some bad guys." The Noveske just might look cooler.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Team View Post
    I am not finding lots on the shelves. I wanted one of those lovely FDE models which are only thru RSR dealers and jacked up in price. The gen III are my only interest but I've looked at several candidates lately and read all I can find and think the Larue is the best Stoner system rifle out there. Not as tacticool as the stubby infidel but more gun for the money. I think I'll wait and grab a Noveske SBR at a later date. It was his SBR work where he really shined anyway. Thanks for all your input. I always enjoy talking guns.
    I would be very hesitant to say that Larue could make a top 5 list, or top 10 possibly for that matter in a list of top manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Gen 3 N4 a while back and like tom12.7 said, it came overgassed a bit. I dropped a Sprinco blue in it and a H2 buffer and haven't looked back since. Hope this helps with your decision making process. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Team View Post
    I want a Noveske Infidel. Yes I know they're pricey but they are wicked looking. Is there any reason not to buy one of these charming little carbines. (Other than the price)
    Yeah. I wouldn't buy it based on looks alone. You could have a cheaper and arguably better gun for less. But hey, it's your money. Better than chucking rocks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Personally, I would not drop that kind of cash on a Noveske. Not to mention, the KX3 makes no sense to me on that rifle.

If you want to spend that money, I would look at KAC. Otherwise, BCM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I would be very hesitant to say that Larue could make a top 5 list, or top 10 possibly for that matter in a list of top manufacturers.
    I'm surprised at that. Can you elaborate?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    My experience with LaRue Stealth uppers has been nothing but incredible. They run 100% with any ammo a Colt will run on, and are nothing short of ridiculously accurate. LaRue has great customer service if you ever need it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    My experience with LaRue Stealth uppers has been nothing but incredible. They run 100% with any ammo a Colt will run on, and are nothing short of ridiculously accurate. LaRue has great customer service if you ever need it.
    Agreed......I have seen first hand some outstanding accuracy from those stealth uppers! They are T drivers!

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Agreed......I have seen first hand some outstanding accuracy from those stealth uppers! They are T drivers!
    The most consistent shooting barrel I ever had was a 20" Stealth, older Lothar Walther barrel. I never found a load it just didn't like. It got shot out to 1K occasionally, and 800 routinely, and never complained.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My best advice is to buy what you like because you like it and can afford it. There are plenty of guns that can do essentially the same thing for less money but for you, it sounds like it's not about the money, it's about what you want. I leaned a long time ago it's cheaper to buy what you want the first time. I'm kind of a Noveske fan boy but since the death of John, new company management and the departure of many the fine people who helped John build Noveske Rifle Works from the ground up, I have doubts. Hopefully quality is as important to current management as it was to John when he started the company.

Good luck on your decision and please keep us posted.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 07-31-15 at 09:44.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast