Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best irons available, not BUIS, as full time sights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Best irons available, not BUIS, as full time sights

Well I've tried Aimpoint CompM4S and T1. I've tried eotech and magnifiers, I've tried burris and Leupold low power variables, and while they have benefits, I just don't enjoy using them. So I would like all your opinions on the best stand alone iron sights. I have a BCM upper with Centurion arms rail, so no FSB. I run KAC micros, but if I'm going just irons, I'm not sure if I want to use folders.

I currently sold my last red dot and I either spend the money on another optic, or a good set of irons and ammo. My shooting is done out to 200 yards. My groups are fine with irons. I shoot muzzleloader all the time, so I'm comfortable with irons. My pistol is my go-to for home defense, so I'm not using that as a reason to keep optics. So what do those that run only irons use? Are things like tritium sights worth looking at. I have a x300 mounted, so light is not an issue. Thanks for the replys,
    SOL1777

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My first choice would be either an A1 or A2 carry handle and a pinned FSB , if you don't want to change out your barrel and are stuck with your above requirements then I would say LMT fixed front and rear.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    LMT or DD sights or carry handle for the rear. You may have enough took in front of the rail to make a Dissapator config for a Fixed FSP

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    LMT front and rear, or fsb with LMT rear.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    DD fixed front and rear. I am back and forth on tritium in irons. For your use probably not.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The DD buis are quite fragile in my experience. Nothing beats the FSB as far as I know. I'd probably go with an LMT rear.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score

Best irons available, not BUIS, as full time sights

On my Dpms it's the gas block front sight and troy rear. If I had a rail it would be the troy front. Both non folding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trigger45; 07-25-15 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    I use the DD fixed front & rear. They are excellent sights and well made along with not be overly expensive.

As far being fragile? No, unless you pound on them with a hammer.
    Last edited by FollowThru; 07-25-15 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowThru View Post
    I use the DD fixed front & rear. They are excellent sights and well made along with not be overly expensive.

As far being fragile? No, unless you pound on them with a hammer.
    Or accidentally drop them onto the concrete from a table.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm actually tackling a build right now and a set of DD fixed sights will be the only thing on top. I'm starting to worry that I'm far too dependent on optics, and I'd like to get back to my roots a little. Definitely excited to get behind the trigger of this thing.
    Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast