Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best irons available, not BUIS, as full time sights

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    I just built a nodak upper with a 20" FSB barrel. It is pretty sweet with Magpurr handguards, a light, and a sling. Super low weight for what it is, no frills, just irons, sling, light. I will post a pic when I get around to taking pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Awesome can't wait for pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Centurion HK diopters.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    agreed.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I am contemplating going with a 14.7" or 16" midlength instead of my 20". I really like the increased sight radius even though I know 16" is probably more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybassplayer View Post
    DD fixed irons all the way!!!
    -BTO-
    Agreed. I also really like LaRue's rear sight, I'm sure they could make a tank of a front sight if they wanted.

Feedback Score
    Going against all grains, I use KAC 200-600 Standard flip up sights as my primary iron sights. The advantage is they flip down, lowering the profile, weight and go through brush much easier. The other big advantage is they are pedestal sights and so you retain more vision downfield than you do being behind boxy, bulky sights with knobs and dials. The KAC sights adjust quickly. The only disadvantage was I missed the ghost ring. So I made a ghost ring. KAC sells a fixed 300 yard sight but having zeroed mine for 200, I wanted to retain it and the fixed 300 was too tall. I could have bought another KAC 200-600 and drilled out the peep, but that is a $190.00 item and an expensive experiment. Instead, I ordered a KAC 200-600 Chinese clone for $27.00. It was the same dimensions and the same height. It did not need to adjust so I drilled it out using a .25 inch bit, then a pointed needle file and then a thin tube of 350 sandpaper. It was about .30 inch. I dipped it in Birchwood Casey Aluminium Black, mounted it ahead of my original KAC---and the sucker= works perfectly! Talk about quick acquisitions? This is an amazing Ghost and mounted further forward only seems to enhance its ability. Carry Handle=9 oz. Two KACs=4 oz. Couple this with a Meprolight tritium front sight and I may never get an electrified optic.
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 10-16-17 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Centurion HK diopters.
    I just came across these today. For fixed iron they'd be on the short list for sure.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Uhh this thread is almost 3 years old BUT Scalarworks takes the crown on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast