Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Back Up Irons Help?

Feedback Score

Best Back Up Irons Help?

I know this question has been asked a million times. But humor me a little I have three Troy folding battle sights. One is Spikes Tactical branded with the old mounting design. The other two are BCM branded with new mounting design. They all mount great and I haven't had any problems, but I know people have been having problems and complaining about the new Troy mounting design. I wasn't even aware of the change in design till this week. I was planning on going with Troys for my current build. I prefer the look of the Troy's. But I'm also a form follows function guy with my guns. Any opinions are welcomed!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm a fan of the Magpul buis, just zero'd two rifles with them easily. They are easy to install, flip up and down and tough as hell. Also a fan of my Noveske marked troys.
    Been wanting to try the KAC micros as their owners always seem to great things to say.

Noah

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The Troys I had were good, but I prefer Magpul. Their Pros are very minimalist and sleek, while the regular MBUS are a very good value and are spring loaded for easy activation (a feature I like quite a bit). I really don't understand why people throw $200 for some of the other brands out there.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've tried Troy's (not sure what mounting method as I have only tried one set), Magpul BUIS and Pro's, KAC micro front w/ micro 300 and a 600 rear. So far the sweet spot for me is the KAC Micro front and 300m micro rear. I am using the 300m rear and a Magpul Pro front on my 18" gun and honestly I'm just not changing them because the odds of that gun ever using irons is somewhere around 1 and probably never. For that I don't feel it's worth buying a KAC front.

I wasn't fond of the Troy's locking in the up position. They did their job though. Can't say they didn't, but I think my light or something at the time made hitting the button a pita.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For flip-ups, I have KAC Micros on all my rifles, except my 6933 that I just sighted in. The 6933 came with MBUS rears and I had to crank the FSB all the way up to zero. That being said, I'll be ditching the MBUS rears.

I'd take a look at the Bobro Lowriders...
    Last edited by scooter22; 07-05-15 at 22:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love my Bobro optics mounts. I really wish I could get a in person look at the Bobro sights. Thanks for reminding me those exist. . .

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Magpul MBUS PRO's have been working out well. I also have a set of KAC micros, but they are about 100.00 more per set.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Knight's 99051 front and 300M rear. Micro or standard rear are fine.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the Knights Armament micro sights, however the Magpul Pro sights seem like a better bang for your buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    For flip-ups, I have KAC Micros on all my rifles, except my 6933 that I just sighted in. The 6933 came with MBUS rears and I had to crank the FSB all the way up to zero. That being said, I'll be ditching the MBUS rears.

I'd take a look at the Bobro Lowriders...
    Does it have an F-marked FSB? The MBUS and Pros are standard height, same as the standard height Troys, KAC, LMT, and about everything else.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast