Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with all these cut out receiver designs?

Feedback Score

What's with all these cut out receiver designs?

I noticed BAD receiver had the skeleton cut out style receiver, now erathr3 is doing it on their thunder ranch.

JusT seems like something can get jammed and cause the mag not to go in to me.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Looks cool yo. That shit is L I T E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skt4271 View Post
    I noticed BAD receiver had the skeleton cut out style receiver, now erathr3 is doing it on their thunder ranch.

It's called reinvention of the wheel.........and it's all about the dollar. The only thing worse than this crap being made these days, is the people incredulous enough to buy it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You really can't put it any better than that.

Marginal weight savings at massive costs aside, it's becoming difficult to differentiate in this market, so brands are promoting aesthetics and lifestyle as benefits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Looks cool yo. That shit is L I T E.
    Lol, yeah all 0.009 grams

Feedback Score
    Our set is a full 1/4 pound lighter than a forged set, still has a dust cover, doesn't have any silly holes in it, and yet is lighter than the others.. go figure!

Oh, the main bore on the upper is still thicker walled than a forging also.

No way was I about to sacrifice functionality just to get it lighter. A dust cover, and a walled magazine well is mandatory. It has to function first.

Ryan
    Founder and co-owner/operator at 2A-Armament

Feedback Score
    I see these at the LGS and people buy them. Of the couple I've seen bought it was by very young guys who got it because it looked cool. So much fail IMO.

Feedback Score
    Innovate or die right?

The simple fact is all of these companies have nothing to offer. They aren't moving the platform forward with innovation so they trot out products that are nothing more than eye candy. These products are really just click bait to drive gear clowns to their website where they can purchase calendars, t-shirts and morale patches and maybe see some side boob of the former office manager.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skt4271 View Post

It's for clearing jam, mud and dirt, like the Beretta M9 open slide design dating back 50+ years ago.

db_file_img_839_460x460.jpg

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wyman View Post
    Innovate or die right?

The simple fact is all of these companies have nothing to offer. They aren't moving the platform forward with innovation so they trot out products that are nothing more than eye candy. These products are really just click bait to drive gear clowns to their website where they can purchase calendars, t-shirts and morale patches and maybe see some side boob of the former office manager.
    I'm guessing you don't own any BAD products? They have a lot to offer and have made a significant number of useful improvements on the standard AR design, from takedown pins to recievers to their insanely-popular 45-degree selectors. What you said was completely off base with regards to them. 2A's receiver set also looks to be nice, saving a full 1/4 pound (which is in demand these days, though not to me) without sacrificing the important stuff.

Maybe Erathr3 or whatever it's called smells of what you said (they even promoted themselves first as a lifestyle company, not a gun company), but you paint with a really broad brush here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast