Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rail that will fit over 1.5" inside diameter .936 Gas Block?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rail that will fit over 1.5" inside diameter .936 Gas Block?

Swapping out my one pound tube on my 20" White Oak upper and would like to go with a lighter 15" rail that would cover the .936 GB with an outside diameter of 1.5"......any suggestions? Most everything is 1.5 with the exception of Seekins line of MCSR/SP rails. Any idea what the ID of the Geissele MK4 MLOK rail is? I'm guessing it's 1.5 as well.

Feedback Score
    The Geissele I have here is around 1 3/8" ID for the round part. Don't know what size you need.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, that Geissele won't work....I stumbled onto the Odin Works KMOD rail which is 1.6 ID which would barely work but it's doable. I also like that they offer a 15.5" rail in FDE. Looks like those are my choices. This search brings me to a talking point with rails that are all under 1.5" ID and the popularity of suppressors......companies need to step up and start producing rails that are more accommodating.

Feedback Score
    The one I measured is a Mk2 but I believe the Mk5 I have is the same ID.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The GB isn't 1 1/2" OD. It's probably 3/4" radius from the center to the top of the tower where the tube inserts. The way most hand guards are extruded there is a pocket beneath the top rail that is out of the ID. The tower on your gas block will occupy this space if it is large enough. I hate to recommend a site I don't particularly like but there are a lot more guys over at the Hide that sport big barrel AR target rifles. You might get an answer faster over there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm just using WOA specs on their site:

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xca...cat=287&page=1

Match rifle gas block fits .936" diameter barrels.
    Gas block outer diameter at the widest point is 1.5 inches.

I already tried to install my MI SSK rail on my WOA barrel with .936 GB installed and it wouldn't clear.......and the ID listed on that rail is 1.3". Perhaps I'm approaching this wrong?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Haven't seen that one before. I stand corrected. Take a look at this one. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod54725.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would just swap gas blocks and then use whatever hand guard I wanted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, so my barrel is only dimpled on one location underneath the gas port so I was trying to avoid dimpling myself if I can avoid it.....the GB from WOA is a clamp on style that doesn't utilize a set screw on the bottom. I guess using a clamp style Low Pro is an option, but then I'm out another $40-$50 in addition to the rail. I think the Odin Works 15.5 KMOD with 1.6" ID will work.....as will the 1.8" ID Seekins, which are both solid and viable options.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Haven't seen that one before. I stand corrected. Take a look at this one. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod54725.aspx
    I looked at that DPMS GB but after looking at the specs, it is described as this:

SPECS: 4140 steel, matte black phosphate finish. Fits barrels with .936” O.D. at gas block. This will fit in any free float tube with internal diameter of 1.75 (which should be most free float tubes) and this will work with the 308 SASS barrel also.

1.75 ID puts me back to square one.
    Last edited by Toecheese; 07-30-15 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I think 1 out of 2 dimpled set screws is still better than a clamp on.

How about this:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Midwest_...ar-lpg.936.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast