Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rail that will fit over 1.5" inside diameter .936 Gas Block?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I think 1 out of 2 dimpled set screws is still better than a clamp on.

How about this:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Midwest_...ar-lpg.936.htm
    Interesting....any particular reason why? I am in agreement with you on pinning, dimpling etc. over clamp on style, but I haven't had any issues utilizing clamp on GB in the past (My current WOA upper included).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Okay, so my barrel is only dimpled on one location underneath the gas port so I was trying to avoid dimpling myself if I can avoid it.....the GB from WOA is a clamp on style that doesn't utilize a set screw on the bottom.
    You don't really need two dimples in order for the GB to be secure. 1 dimple should be fine if the gas block uses the correct knurled cup set screws. Then secure 2nd screw w/ red loctite. IG also instructed me a while back that If desired you could also apply green loctite to the gas block journal for more security.

Feedback Score
    Aero Precision handguards are fairly large ID at 1.8". I don't tend to like that but it might be helpful for you.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Interesting....any particular reason why? I am in agreement with you on pinning, dimpling etc. over clamp on style, but I haven't had any issues utilizing clamp on GB in the past (My current WOA upper included).
    I have read that people on M4C have had good luck even without the dimple (see thread below, recommend dimple at least the AFT set screw). The general consensus was NOT to use clamp on blocks.

I had a set screw+dimple GB shoot loose (installed by a well known builder) and based on recommendations from M4C, I bought some McMaster Carr set screws:
    McMaster-Carr Pointed Set Screw, 10-32x 3/16 Part. No. 90289A337

EDIT:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Install-Advise

EDITED again:
    Crap... I bought the wrong type of set screws. Going to Adco for pinning anyhow.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 07-31-15 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    Set screws with a pointed end would benefit from a dimple.
    Set screws with a cookie cutter end will bite into the metal when installed.
    With that said I just purchased an MI .936" low profile GB for my Lija barrel. The MI GB uses three set screws and will bite into the machined flat on the barrel.
    Test fitted a PWS 15" rail that is 1.35" I.D. and have room to spare.
    Now to get started with my build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12