Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Ifak pouch?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Find a good ankle pouch.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I not aware of anything small enough to carry on your person in normal clothes unless you have big cargo pockets.
    I been wearing and using a Ryker Nylon Gear AFAK for years. By far one of the best thing I have spent my $ on. Super comfortable and holds everything I need.

https://www.rykernylongear.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    I been wearing and using a Ryker Nylon Gear AFAK for years. By far one of the best thing I have spent my $ on. Super comfortable and holds everything I need.

https://www.rykernylongear.com
    That actually looks pretty good. I carry an HSGI Bleeder right now, actually I have two, one on my gunbelt, and one in my small backpack I carry around every day. I've actually used it on a GSW and was pleased I could get everything I needed fast.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which Ifak pouch?

Dark angel medical and ITS tactical have some great products. The bonus of dark angel medical is if you ever have to use your gear to save a life they will replace your kits contents for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Check out the Chinook Med TMK IFAK Pouch

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/it...rt-%28Empty%29
    Since this is for an active shooter rig set up, I'd go with tits's suggestion. I have a similar set up using an ATS Tactical Med Insert https://atstacticalgear.com/low-profile-medical-insert/ inserted in a Spec-Ops Brand four mag pouch. It comfortably holds Combat Gauze, two pairs of gloves, 4" Olaes Flat, Shears, Z-pak dressing, Naso airway, Hyfin Compact Chest Seal, small roll of Med Tape, and a Mini Sharpee. I keep the CAT in a separate pouch molle'd to my chest rig. The IFAK pouch is molle'd to a shoulder strap but behind the shoulder. Still reachable with either hand but out of the way when it comes to prone and/or other weapon positions. I like having everything in the insert. You pull it out and nothing is flying out onto the ground or somewhere that you have a problem finding it in the dark. Plus you can toss the contents to someone who is lacking self help if the need arises.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the dark angel pouch. If you need more room, the tyr tactical med pouch is alright too. The only thing I don't like about it is the molle straps don't secure with snaps which can be an issue if you run it on anything other than molle webbing.

Feedback Score
    Tried the Dark Angel "slim" pouch, and the TQ holder portion of it had the stitching blow out upon inserting the CAT. Presumably a manufacturing error, but something to keep an eye on, regardless. They're supposed to be sending me a replacement. Another thing to note is that the slim pouch is still a pretty large pouch. Also, if you're using it with a sidearm, having shears placed in the slot can interfere with your draw. I had planned on moving the shears to the horizontal belt loop slot or the rear MOLLE to keep it out of the way.

In the meantime, I've ordered a Coyote Tactical "burrito" pouch (http://www.coyotetacticalsolutions.com/burrito/). I'm looking at it as a poor man's version of the BFG Micro, and with what looks to me to be a potentially be a better belt-mounting option (can be used horizontal or vertical).
    Last edited by essjay; 07-20-19 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Pricey, but it works. I run one on my chest rig, which I've worn even for range practice; to get used to the feel, and to make sure it doesn't interfere with sling or rifle. Smooth edges and snag free - I like it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm using the HSGI Bleeder pouch and have it filled with Dark Angel kit. Actually I have 3 of them. One on each of my plate carriers and another on my HSGI battle belt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123