Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polymer lowers anyone?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Aero Precision (a new forum sponsor) puts blem stripped lowers on sale periodically for $50 to $60. I have bought five of them and had no issues.

Science projects can be a lot of fun, but not when I am holding things that go 'splody right next to my head. I'm just weird that way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also, PSA has free shipping on AR lowers now through Sunday.

No tax, free shipping, pay an FFL and you're good to go.

Feedback Score
    Im gonna take some of my wife's old Tupperware, melt it down
    and make an all polymer lower. Now that's a science project
    SeriousS.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
    C. S. Lewis

Yes I even own the Magpul iPhone cover. Wanna make something of it?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Negative. Cheap lower? Anderson...
    these were on clearance on Brownell's last week for $45...not sure if they still are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Aero Precision (a new forum sponsor) puts blem stripped lowers on sale periodically for $50 to $60. I have bought five of them and had no issues.
    They have a pretty good rep, but just my luck the one "non-blem" Aero lower I got has a slightly off rear takedown pin hole. Not getting any uppers off of this one without a hammer and punch (tried BCM, KAC, and other uppers on it)...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have used Aero Precision for several builds. Cost me about $63.00 per, all in. My favorite lowers to build with. There is no good reason to buy junk, when quality parts can be had so cheaply. If you are watching your dollars, opt for a basic stock, grip etc, simple hand guards. Buy a quality upper, bcg, lower parts kit- the fun stuff can be added later. Get the guts right the first time. Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I can easily get stripped lowers from Anderson, Aero, or PSA blems for give or take $60, I see no reason to even waste time with poly lowers. Even if they were $120 I still wouldn't go for one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honorthecall81 View Post
    Im gonna take some of my wife's old Tupperware, melt it down
    and make an all polymer lower. Now that's a science project
    SeriousS.
    Man, first we have 80% jigs, next we'll have Tupperware molds...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Agreed with everyone before. Not worth saving a few bucks to a poly lower when you can get forged lowers for the prices they are at now.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've never owned one and have no plans to. I've heard the good ones might last as many as a thousand rounds. To me, that's nowhere near good enough. I'd go Aero Precision or Anderson. Both can be found for not much more than a plastic lower would cost you.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast