Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polymer lowers anyone?

Feedback Score
    I wonder how the Magpul sand material would fare? As said, I'd stick with aluminum. If someone used a good poly, and it was documented as good with a decent group of users run hard, I'd consider it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anderson lowers are the cheapest, I think. I'm into my stripped Aero lowers for $71 including shipping and FFL. They're nice for a budget build, but my Sionics lower has a much nicer finish. Mag tactical is another cheap lower, but I'm not sure what their quality is and they're made from a magnesium alloy. I've considered a poly lower, but to be honest, I would recommend spending the extra $20 on the lower and cheating out on a stock or a rail or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    LRB-M15SA AR-15 Stripped lower receiver $45.00+ shipping @ Widener's

The new semi auto LRB ARMS M15SA lower receiver is made from aircraft grade 7075-T6 aluminum forgings, same as currently used by the US military. The forgings are CNC machined on the same state of the art equipment which manufactures the M14SA receivers, with tolerances held to one thousandth of an inch. Finish is a hard coat anodize per MIL-A-8625. These receivers accept all mil-spec internal parts, and are compatable with all other aftermarket mil-spec upper receivers. Made in USA.

Feedback Score
    I have a JMT poly/carbon build for over a year now. I have not had any issues with the lower receiver yet so far so good. Link to build https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ild&highlight=

Feedback Score
    I ran two poly lowers on builds for a few years, first a Plum Crazy then a New Frontier. New Frontier spent most of it's time on a 7.62x39 upper shooting corrosive ammo, ran fine til it started double tapping on every trigger pull. Found out that part of the poly FCG had failed (actually appeared to have partially melted). Neither receiver cracked which is the most common failure but I eventually replaced both with Anderson & Palmetto State Armory lowers. Good aluminum AR parts are so cheap nowadays it's not worth it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I saw two different ads in my inbox today for non-blem lowers below $40. Just saying...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Polymer lowers anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by archad View Post
    I have a JMT poly/carbon build for over a year now. I have not had any issues with the lower receiver yet so far so good. Link to build https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ild&highlight=
    About how many rounds through it?

Also, how did you complete it? Drill press and milling vice?

I have one sitting in the safe, with everything shy of an upper. Just don't have the time to toss it together.
    Last edited by Screwball; 09-04-15 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    Just because aluminum is cheap right now does not mean that it will be forever. Just because someone can put out a metal receiver does not mean that it will be in spec or usable. I have had some metal receivers that were horribly out of spec. I think a polymer lower is possible you just need to find the right material and design. I think the possible weight savings alone would be worth it. Currently I am have been kind of curious about Tegra Arms out of Utah. They make a carbon fiber lower that looks fairly robust. Has anyone given them a try? https://www.tegraarms.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123