Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there an emergency medical app?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Is there an emergency medical app?

Is there an emergency medical app that exist? If not that would be an awesome thing for someone to create. If I told you step by step instruction for how to solve likely traumatic and not so traumatic things. It could literally save numerous lives.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    or cost them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No offense, but an "app for that" could just as easily kill a person instead. Sure, anybody can apply a tourniquet, or stuff hemostatic gauze in a gaping wound, but you can also be one intercostal space off and you've darted a non-compressible artery instead of tension pneumo. Training is irreplaceable with respect to some trauma.

Feedback Score
    I would discourage against such a thing as it would promote people trying to solve real emergencies at home with an app before they call 911. It's sort of like how everyone self-diagnoses on webmd before they actually get treatment, and the doctor informs them that they actually have something else.

If you are interested in having access to basic emergency lifesaving skills, then you should take an EMT course.
    Director of Training for Task Force Special Operations - a private security company

Feedback Score
    Wow...we literally all chimed in with the same thing at the same time.
    Director of Training for Task Force Special Operations - a private security company

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was kinda thinking that if someone were to create this. It wouldn't be designed as a fill in for a lack of training. But you guys have some valid points... It might be a bad idea for most people.

Feedback Score
    As a matter of fact, the Red Cross puts one out for Android and iOS.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    <---tapping head, paraphrasing great "this-is-my-safety" quote from Blackhawk Down: "This is my app."

Seriously, an app to augment existing body of knowledge would be a good aid. Just an extension of the billion pocket reference books.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Informed has their pocket field guide apps for all levels of providers.

Feedback Score
    Well, if any such app is created that it can be beneficial but at some point if it fails or work in improper way then it may also cause death rather than saving life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast